PDA

View Full Version : One Big Ten team down and 2...

CaribouJim
03-23-2017, 08:37 PM
...2 to go!

Go Zags although they are playing pretty tight right now.

MayorBeluga
03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Go Zags although they are playing pretty tight right now.

West Virginia deserved to lose after that last offensive possession. Truly awful.

CaribouJim
03-23-2017, 09:25 PM
It reminded me of the last possession for WSU against Kentucky.

If X wins a Jesuit school is guaranteed to be in FF.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Still cheering for Purdue, I have them in the Final Four. Glad to see Michigan lose, I'm sick of their "team of destiny" BS.

Nukem2
03-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Still cheering for Purdue, I have them in the Final Four. Glad to see Michigan lose, I'm sick of their "team of destiny" BS.
Purdue is going down.

Nukem2
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
Purdue is humbled, 98-66. Ouch.

CaribouJim
03-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Go Butler and Florida!

Big East now 6-5.

Goose85
03-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Kansas looked really good. The only no contest of the night, all the other games were great.

Xavier with a big win against a really good Arizona team. Talk about the stock of a coach rising, Mack looses one of, if not his best player during the season, and here they are in the elite 8. Congrats to X! I hope some alum at X is backing up the brinks truck for Mack to keep him in the Big East.

Djgoldnboy
03-24-2017, 08:57 AM
West Virginia deserved to lose after that last offensive possession. Truly awful.

Really, really bad way to end the game, as that was one of the more entertaining games of the season to watch up until that point.

mufan2003
03-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Kansas looked really good. The only no contest of the night, all the other games were great.

Xavier with a big win against a really good Arizona team. Talk about the stock of a coach rising, Mack looses one of, if not his best player during the season, and here they are in the elite 8. Congrats to X! I hope some alum at X is backing up the brinks truck for Mack to keep him in the Big East.

Great win for X. Impressive that X has been to 6 Sweet 16s since 2008. Glad Mack is a Xavier alumnus who grew up in the Cincinnati area. He has a strong recruiting class coming in (Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Elias Harden) IMHO, if asked, Mack would not leave Xavier for Indiana (not sure he is one of their top targets either).

CaribouJim
03-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Great win for X. Impressive that X has been to 6 Sweet 16s since 2008. Glad Mack is a Xavier alumnus who grew up in the Cincinnati area. He has a strong recruiting class coming in (Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Elias Harden) IMHO, if asked, Mack would not leave Xavier for Indiana (not sure he is one of their top targets either).

Heard Gottlieb this morning say that Alford to Indiana is almost a done deal. Who knows though. Gottlieb has thrown his hat in the ring for OK State.

At Fox is he going to be doing any b-ball games or just his radio show and maybe some studio work? Not a likeable fellow.

TheSultan
03-24-2017, 09:15 AM

I would like to think that, but between the IU silence and the Winthrop guy backing out at UMass, it does make me wonder.

03-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Purdue thought the game was 14 minutes long and they won 33-25. Forgot about the other 26 minutes. My lord, Kansas undressed them the rest of the way. 73-33 "run" to close the game.

03-24-2017, 09:21 AM
And I agree, Mack may be out at Xavier. Would really like him to stay, and hoping maybe Kelsey backed out because he's in play at Georgetown. Have to think the IU job is going to Mack or Alford at this point.

IrwinFletcher
03-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Not saying MAck is staying at X, but his comments over the past week seem to indicate he isn't going anywhere. From Cincy, went to X, has a history there, great program, great recruits coming in, great players coming back...

Would actually shock me if he left.

mufan2003
03-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Alford and Bennett seem to have been the hot names. FWIW, the Indy Star columnist listed 6 candidates....mentioning Holtmann but not Mack. Will be interesting if UCLA loses tonight.

MUMac
03-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Really, really bad way to end the game, as that was one of the more entertaining games of the season to watch up until that point.

I did not understand why they started jacking up 3's. Go to the rack and get a deuce, plenty of time remained. Heck, after the 2nd miss, there were still 10+ seconds remaining to try and get that last shot.