PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MU Player?

Phantom Warrior
03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Just wondering who various posters view as their favorite player ON THIS YEAR'S TEAM!? Not who they view as the best player on the team, but their favorite?

I have to admit I would have a hard time selecting one player. Two years ago, Duane was my favorite player. Last year it was Traci. This year I'd have to choose between Markus and Sam, but if I had to narrow it down to one, it'd be Sam.

I'm guessing others might have some difficulty getting down to one as well, but I'm curious how others would choose.

warriorfan4life
03-14-2017, 03:44 PM
It was your two for most of the year, but I am going with Rowsey. First time in a few years that we have had a players that other teams can love to hate, and I think has given us a needed jolt of shooting and competitiveness.

MUAlphaBangura
03-14-2017, 04:47 PM
It was your two for most of the year, but I am going with Rowsey. First time in a few years that we have had a players that other teams can love to hate, and I think has given us a needed jolt of shooting and competitiveness.

And he dropped 30 on South Carolina when he played them while at UNC-Asheville!!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Rowsey has been my favorite since before he started playing for us. Him jawing at Ben Simmons last year was awesome, and he's totally that guy his fans love and the opposing teams hate.

I also really like Duane, he's been through so much and stayed loyal to the program. Love to see him get the chance to be the man next year.

MUfan12
03-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Sam. Kid is a winner. Love the way he competes.

Nukem2
03-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Markus, Sam, Katin, Duane, Andrew, Matt, Luke, JJ, Haanif in no particular order. Just a fun team to watch though they can be exasperating at times. But they worked together to get the program dancing again while being enjoyable to watch

Markedman
03-14-2017, 05:24 PM
I'd have a hard time picking between Sam, Markus and Rowsey

In recent years Crowder and Jimmy were easy choices and before that Wes. Just loved his fire and toughness.

IrwinFletcher
03-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Duane. He is Marquette right now.

Sam is my second choice. Best BBall IQ on the team and always seems to make the right play when it is needed. His help on the Brunson drive and then the rebound got us in the tournament.

DCwarrior
03-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Definitely Rowsey. Plays with confidence and a chip on his shoulder.

Least favorite -- Haanif for obvious reasons this year.

Hamostradamus
03-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Duane. He is Marquette right now.

Totally. He is the heart and soul, he's hung in when he could've checked out due to injury and reduced PT. He seems like the team captain (do we have a team captain?). When he is warming up on the exercise bike after tip-off, he is constantly yelling instructions to the guys on the floor.

Mucrisco
03-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Fav MU player?

CaribouJim with his models

CaribouJim
03-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Fav MU player?

CaribouJim with his models

If only it were true...

IWB
03-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Of all time: Lucky Lloyd Walton

This team?

To echo comments above, Duane Wilson. Duane is a tough kid and the first time I met him when he was in high school and still true today, this kid is all about Marquette and all about Milwaukee. He loves it here and wants other people to love it here. As Hamos pointed out, despite injuries and lack of PT, the kid has stayed through it all and fought. Does he like a diminished role? No way, but he is all about the team. You can see it on the bench, on the floor, in timeouts and in the tunnel when the team gathers before they come out. He may not be the go-to guy, he may not be the leader in minutes or pppg or assts or rebs, but he is the leader of this team and I respect the hell out of that. Seeing his interview with Dennis Krause, how can he not be?

https://twitter.com/specsportswi/status/841117782431404034

Goose85
03-15-2017, 11:40 AM
I could see Duane being involved in MU's program after he is done playing.