PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Time - Seton Hall (3)

Phantom Warrior
03-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Rubber match - both previous games close - this one should be as well.

The Pirates showed what they can do defensively in their win at Butler. Madison Jones doesn't score a lot on offense, but he is a solid defender at point. Carrington is quick and physical. Rodriguez is quick and even more physical than Carrington. Sanogo is a lock-down defender. He lost his starting job to Nzei, but he can still have a tremendous impact on the game. And Delgado, of course, is by far the best defensive rebounder in the league.

But the Pirates also showed something else at Butler - they showed what a veteran team can do when faced with adversity as they stormed back from a 10-point deficit to win by six. Same kind of fight we saw them display in their two games against us.

Their three key players are all experienced veterans. They've been there before as they won the BE Tournament last year.

Two of our key players are freshmen. How will they react in their first BET? Both are very mature for their age. Still, they are freshmen, and this is their first experience in a post-season tournament.

My heart tells me MU - 76; Seton Hall - 74.

But I have to go with back court experience down the stretch, and SHU has that in Jones and Carrington (a senior and a junior, respectively).

My head tells me the Pirates pull it out at the end.

SHU - 76; MU - 74

warriorfan4life
03-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Hall won at Butler without Sanogo, but think they will miss him in this one. Think we take the rubber match, MU 81, Hall 75.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM
In both of the first two games, we seemed to have things pretty well in hand until disaster at the end gifted SHU a win in regulation and a chance at a win in overtime. This time, I think we avoid the last minute disaster and win fairly comfortably.

Marquette 82-75 Seton Hall.