PDA

View Full Version : UWM Getting closer to the Big Dance

IWB
03-06-2017, 10:27 PM
UWM Wins third straight by beating UIC 74-68, set to play Northern Kentucky for the Horizon League title tomorrow!

Markedman
03-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Pomeroy gave them a .4 % chance to win it......wow

http://kenpom.com/blog/2017-horizon-league-forecast/#more-1596

MayorBeluga
03-07-2017, 06:39 AM
They won 4 conference games all season. They've won 3 in the tournament.

2012Warrior
03-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Mu/Panther, what are the thoughts on Jordan? The record is ugly, but there seemed to be a mass exodus from the Jeter firing.

MUBasketball
03-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Mu/Panther, what are the thoughts on Jordan? The record is ugly, but there seemed to be a mass exodus from the Jeter firing.

The record is ugly as expected. All, or a majority, of the best players left after Jeter got forced out. His record is as good as could be expected given the circumstances. Watching them last night, that's a very well coached team though IMO. With his Butler/Lickliter/Stevens and Michigan/Beilein background, I think he'll do quite well.

Goose85
03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
A lot of UWM fans are in a tough spot. They want the AD gone as soon as possible, but also are cheering for the team to win the conference tourney I'd think.
UMW, the last seed, will face a team that just joined the conference a year ago. Good luck to UWM (but still get a new AD).

IWB
03-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Jordan was not the AD's choice for the job. She offered it to TJ and she was overruled.

TheSultan
03-07-2017, 10:48 AM
I don't know if he will end up working out, but Jordan has a nice background and I believe was the second choice for the Butler job when Stevens left.

IWB
03-07-2017, 01:07 PM
There were people that were upset that he did not get the Butler job. Many feel the only reason why Holtman got it over Jordan was because he was already in-house.

TheSultan
03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
There were people that were upset that he did not get the Butler job. Many feel the only reason why Holtman got it over Jordan was because he was already in-house.

It wasn't Holtmann who got the job. It was Brandon Miller who was Stevens' assistant. Miller hired Holtmann as an assistant, who prior to this was the head coach at Gardner Webb. Miller left for a "medical issue" before his second season. Holtmann took over as interim, and then halfway through the year was named the permanent coach.

IWB
03-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Ah yes - that is correct, they were unhappy he didn't get it when Brandon Miller got it.

MU/Panther
03-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Sorry. I just saw your post now. I really liked Lavall Jordan when I meet him and Todd Townsend at UWM Day at State Fair. The roster is all new Division One players. Only really two players who play minutes at UWM in the past. 23 loses but to only lose 11 games by double figures shows the fight and effort these young men gave all season. Many games were close games. Just don't have the scoring. I like how they switch up the defense. They give different looks. Defense and not turning over the ball is the thing Coach Jordan stresses.

I like the how Jordan gets out with the students on campus. He is big on selfys. Had some nice student crowds this season. Nice looking wife and cute children. Great guy! My wife and I really love the new coaching staff!

Very disappointed tonight, but the future is very bright.