PDA

View Full Version : Khyri Thomas

Phantom Warrior
03-04-2017, 12:38 AM
I think everyone agrees that Foster and Patton are both extremely dangerous, but I think a lot of fans are overlooking Khyri Thomas or at least under-estimating just how good the 6'3" sophomore guard really is.

Consider the following stats:

In 17 BE games he is averaging a solid 12.4 ppg on 47.9% shooting (81 of 169) as basically the Blue Jays' third option.

As a guard he is averaging a whopping 6.1 rpg in league play (7th in the conference), higher than anyone on MU.

He is averaging 3.8 apg, (4th in the conference) again higher than anyone on MU.

And, while he got off to a slow start from behind the arc, hitting only 4 of 26 treys (15.4%) in Creighton's first nine league games, he has nailed 15 of 31 (48.4%) in his last eighth BE games.

Thomas presents an enormous match-up problem for us because of his rebounding prowess but also because he is quick and can drive to the hoop yet also drain the trey.

If we put our small forward on him, then who defends Foster? If we put a guard on him, he could end up with a double-double.

We need to contain at least one of the trio of Patton, Foster, and Thomas. None of the three will be easy to hold down.

In my mind he is the X factor in the game. Patton and Foster will get their points. If Thomas does, too, MU could be in trouble.