PDA

View Full Version : Question

Phantom Warrior
03-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Are conference awards based on all games or just on conference games? I am guessing the latter, but I'm not sure. Does anyone actually know the answer?

IWB
03-03-2017, 12:12 PM
I was not sure of the answer, so I asked someone close to the situation.

"The voting is based on the entire season, but there is more attention paid to conference games by the voters (coaches)."

Makes sense, if the coaches are voting, they have seen every player twice in person, more times through film breakdown of Big East games etc.

Phantom Warrior
03-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks. That make sense. There are some players who had significantly better non-con performances than conference performances like Carrington and even Bullock though Bullock has still been solid during conference play. Others have been significantly more productive during the conference season. Rodriguez immediately comes to mind.

It will be interesting to see who earns recognition and who doesn't. It will also be interesting to see if Watson and Sumner get all-conference recognition.

Nukem2
03-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Thanks. That make sense. There are some players who had significantly better non-con performances than conference performances like Carrington and even Bullock though Bullock has still been solid during conference play. Others have been significantly more productive during the conference season. Rodriguez immediately comes to mind.

It will be interesting to see who earns recognition and who doesn't. It will also be interesting to see if Watson and Sumner get all-conference recognition.I doubt that Watson would now get any recognition.