PDA

View Full Version : Fischer's 4th foul

Smee
02-22-2017, 01:26 PM
I was at the game and they did not show a replay, but it sure seemed to me the offensive player extended his whole right arm as he went to the rim and just pushed Fischer off. They called a foul on Fischer. Anyone at home see that better?

MUAlphaBangura
02-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Smee, I was at the game also and saw the same thing you saw, on the replay as well. Luke had one other call that was very similar and Matt had a great block with no contact that I could see where he was called for the foul.

Nukem2
02-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Smee, I was at the game also and saw the same thing you saw, on the replay as well. Luke had one other call that was very similar and Matt had a great block with no contact that I could see where he was called for the foul.
I was at the game and it seemed like the refs were ready to blow the whistle in advance on some of those plays.

Goose85
02-22-2017, 02:39 PM
I was at the game and it seemed like the refs were ready to blow the whistle in advance on some of those plays.

I agree Nukem, and saw the same thing you did Smee. I had a pretty clear view and Fischer not only did not instigate any contact, he didn't make any contact, it was all on the push off.

Too many anticipated calls, which are the toughest to take.

Can the Big East just pay the refs a few more bucks and show replays? That drives me nuts.

MUMac
02-22-2017, 02:59 PM
I agree Nukem, and saw the same thing you did Smee. I had a pretty clear view and Fischer not only did not instigate any contact, he didn't make any contact, it was all on the push off.

Too many anticipated calls, which are the toughest to take.

Can the Big East just pay the refs a few more bucks and show replays? That drives me nuts.

Was not able to make it last night, watched on TV. They do not show many replays either. It takes away from their ability to talk about trivial things. So, it's not just missing replays at the games ...

That said, I agree with the bolded part. Mullins did a good job of working the officials and he got the calls right after. The one on Fischer was bad. The worst, though, was one called against Wilson. Mullins was working an official over during the time out, it actually delayed the restart of the game. That official then called a foul on Wilson when Leavett (I think) drove into the lane and lost the ball without any contact. It was the same official, I believe, that made both of those calls. He was the worst.

That crew last night, in addition to anticipating fouls, called far too many touch fouls and then would let other contact go. Reinhardt was knocked to the ground from behind going towards the basket, lost the ball and fortunately they at least gave possession to MU. No foul called, though, and the ones on Fischer and Howard, for the most part, were really soft fouls.

Phantom Warrior
02-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Then again Markus was not called for a blatant push off that should have been an offensive foul.

The refs, I thought, were horrible all around. It's really a shame, but it ain't gonna change.

Goose85
02-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Then again Markus was not called for a blatant push off that should have been an offensive foul.

The refs, I thought, were horrible all around. It's really a shame, but it ain't gonna change.

We got away with our fair share too, I did not intend to say that all anticipated calls were against us.

Speaking of calls, how absolutely irresistible must it be to want to block Rowsey's shot for taller players that he is able to draw that pump fake three point shot foul every game. These guys all see film and know he will do it, and yet game after game he gets at least one guy to bite.

Markedman
02-22-2017, 04:16 PM
A lot of them seem to come at the end of the shot clock where the player knows he has to shoot......great shooter...end of clock.....great pump fake....they just can't help themselves...

MayorBeluga
02-22-2017, 04:42 PM
A lot of them seem to come at the end of the shot clock where the player knows he has to shoot......great shooter...end of clock.....great pump fake....they just can't help themselves...

Are you describing the frustrating defense by Luke or the uncanny ability of Rowsey to get players into the air?

Nukem2
02-22-2017, 04:49 PM
Are you describing the frustrating defense by Luke or the uncanny ability of Rowsey to get players into the air?
... ;)

MUMac
02-22-2017, 05:59 PM
We got away with our fair share too, I did not intend to say that all anticipated calls were against us.

Speaking of calls, how absolutely irresistible must it be to want to block Rowsey's shot for taller players that he is able to draw that pump fake three point shot foul every game. These guys all see film and know he will do it, and yet game after game he gets at least one guy to bite.

No doubt, we did. Phantom brings up one. I know there were many others both ways. The ones I cited were anticipated (whistled before anything) and clearly wrong. I did not feel MU got the raw end of the calls, Markus and Luke may have, though, Phantom is also correct, officiating all around is just awful and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.