PDA

View Full Version : Bucks continue workouts

IWB
06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
The Milwaukee Bucks continue their pre-draft workouts today, tapping into the first round as players like Illinois' Myles Leonard, Syracuse' Fab Melo and UNC's Tyler Zeller are in town for the workout.

Nukem2
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Fab Melo is under-rated in the mocks. Cuse was a far different team without him this past season.

IWB
06-14-2012, 04:49 PM
He said he had only been playing basketball for 6 years. Said he can play very good defense, but knows that he has a long ways to go on the offensive side.

The impression that I got from Billy McKinnie, was that the Bucks would likely drafting one of these particular bigs.

2012Warrior
06-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Melo just seems like he has bust written all over him to me. I don't know if it's because he went to Cuse, he seemed like a jerk/dumb basketball player, or his style. He just doesn't seem to have a lot that sticks out to me other than his size. He didn't have much on offense and he didn't seem as athletic enough to be a great defensive player in the NBA. I could be totally wrong, he just seems like the type of player that looks great in college because of his size, but doesn't add much to an NBA team.

IWB
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I certainly don't disagree with you, but coming from Brazil and starting to play the game for the first time only 6 years ago, he may have some potential. On the flipside, the Bucks need help now and don't have time to develop potential.

Goose85
06-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I've seen some mock drafts with Melo toward the end of round 1, or at least 10 picks behind the Bucks. I think that would be a great area for him to be selected. Generally a good team where he would not have to contribute year 1, but could develop.

If Perry Jones is there I'd like to see the Bucks take him. A bit of a risk, but he has a chance to be a really dynamic player.
I like Zeller followed by Leonard after Jones.

IWB
06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Yesterday the Bucks had Quincy Miller in, and they had been working hard on it but were able to get Terrence Ross to come in today.

Ross could be the Bucks top target in the first round.

Also, not that it is a shock, but John Hammond has been working hard to extend Brandon Jennings.

Goose85
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Jennings isn't a max guy, but he thinks he is. I need to remember he is probably the same age as a guy like Zeller who we may draft in round 1 so hopefully he will continue to develop.

In round two I like that kid from Norfolk State - O'Quinn.

IWB
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
O'Quinn had the best line when asked where he expected to be drafted, something like... "I know I won't be first, and I don't want to be last, so I would say my range is somewhere between 2-59. I would be good with anything in that range."