PDA

View Full Version : Questions at the Break

Goose85
02-16-2017, 09:30 AM
No Jabari for this year and most of next year. So, good time to take stock in what the Bucks need to do to position the team for the future.

Is Kidd the right coach?
I, for one, would like to see a coaching change. San Antonio has been so good because when Pop was a young coach the stars bought in. I think we have that possibility here, but I'm not sure Kidd is the right guy. I can't say I know who that guy is, but I'd like to see a guy that can coach that I think will be here for 10 years.

Who to keep?
I like Monroe on the team, especially with a young Maker. This allows the Bucks to play Maker, but also have a good NBA center while he develops. Monroe has seemed good with his role all year too.
Delly. Brogdan has made Delly less important, so while I like Delly, I'd be fine if they moved him.
Teletovic - I'd be fine if they moved him. We do need that skill set, but he is way too streaky.
Henson - Not really sure on him. He looks ok, then Kidd doesn't play him for a week, then he is back in. Hard to get a gauge.

Brogdan, Giannis, Middleton, Maker are the only no way in heck would I trade them kind of players.

Playoffs or no Playoffs?
I'd still like to make the playoffs, but would be ok if they didn't this year. But this has to be the last year not getting in.

MUfan12
02-16-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't think Kidd will be coaching this team next season.

All the vets would be on the block for me. The four you mentioned would be my untouchables as well. I'd love to get Delly and Henson moved, and open up more space. I'd be fine with Moose opting in at this point, he's been very productive.

With the talent in the top 10, I'm fine with the tank. They need quickness at the PG spot. Brogdon is a perfect backup point guard, but they need a burner who can break down defenses at the point of attack. A guy like Fox from Kentucky (though not a good shooter) would be my preference.

mufan2003
02-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Tough call on Jason Kidd. The players seem to like him and there has been individual improvement with multiple players. I think the Bucks have a good staff, but no, I don't think Kidd is a great "in-game coach." Question is, who could you replace him with? We have seen Terry Stotts, Terry Porter, Larry Drew, Larry Krystowiak all as coaches in the past decade. Free agents will not come running to play for anyone on that previous list....they might for Kidd (and now Giannis). I am willing to give him more time, he brings credibility to Milwaukee. Next year will be big for Kidd.

I would not move Henson or Dellavedova until after this summer's draft and free agent period. Does Monroe exercise the final year of his deal? Where do the Bucks draft (Top 10, mid-to-late teens?) Do they draft another PG, another C or another wing? If you can get a Patton, Henson is expendable. If you can get a PG in the mold of a Damian Lillard or Kyle Lowry (all-around player that can shoot, plenty in this draft, especially Top 10), then Brogdon becomes the back-up PG and Dellavedova is expendable. Basically, sit tight at the trade deadline barring a deal that you cannot refuse.

I have enjoyed seeing Maker's progress, especially since Parker's injury. I am fine with the playoffs as long as Maker keeps getting consistent PT. Middleton is probably a better compliment to Giannis than Parker was. Would like to have all 3, but so be it. I think the Bucks will add to this team in free agency (Kyle Lowry?). The draft is not everything. Just don't want to see them get in as an #8 seed and be swept by Cleveland. If so, give me the lottery.