PDA

View Full Version : (3) Wed. Big East Games 2/15/17

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 07:46 AM
5:30 - Xavier @ Providence, FS1--Tim Brando, Bill Raftery
Line: Providence -3

7:00 - 20 Creighton @ Seton Hall, CBSSN--Tom McCarthy, Dalen Cuff, Jon Rothstein
Line: Creighton -1.5

7:45 - St. John's @ 24 Butler, FS1--Vince Welch, Jordan Cornette
Line: Butler -10.5

Nukem2
02-15-2017, 08:00 AM
MU has a week off. Ugh, I really hate that at this time of the year especially coming off a crappy loss. Ok if have injuries.

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 08:42 AM
MU has a week off. Ugh, I really hate that at this time of the year especially coming off a crappy loss. Ok if have injuries. In this case of what Wojo said in the postgame, sounded like a good thing. Work to do. Save about three days not having to prep for a game. Also could have been a home game vs Stetson tonight as well.

Nukem2
02-15-2017, 09:23 AM
In this case of what Wojo said in the postgame, sounded like a good thing. Work to do. Save about three days not having to prep for a game. Also could have been a home game vs Stetson tonight as well.Still don't like the week off unless have injuries. We shall see.

MU_Iceman
02-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Trevon Bluiett out for Xavier tonight. C'mon Trevon..take one more after this make sure it's well healed!

MUwarrior1090
02-15-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm not going to wish injury on anyone. Hope he heals in time for Saturday.

Cheer for Butler, Xavier and Creighton tonight

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm pulling for bubble teams Providence and Seton Hall tonight! Both need win bad.

MU_Iceman
02-15-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm pulling for bubble teams Providence and Seton Hall tonight! Both need win bad.

I still don't understand this logic...rooting for fellow BE teams..Particularly SH and PC, anytime they win, it could be BAD for MU. I don't care how many BE teams make it in, as long as MU is one of them. The more SH and PC lose, the better it is for MU(theoretically). A week ago or so when it looked like MU had a legit chance to still finish 2nd..I'd be right there pulling for Xavier and Creighton to lose. Since it's now basically survival mode for MU, I will root for Creighton and Xavier.

2012Warrior
02-15-2017, 01:16 PM

I would think that's opposite of what would be in MU's best interests.

MUwarrior1090
02-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I would think that's opposite of what would be in MU's best interests.

Yeah, I'm all for the conference's best interests once Marquette is eliminated but until that point screw the conference. I want what's best for Marquette, and that's PC/SJU/SHU losing and creating some distance between us and them.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I'm all for the conference's best interests once Marquette is eliminated but until that point screw the conference. I want what's best for Marquette, and that's PC/SJU/SHU losing and creating some distance between us and them.

I want 8 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament. Doubt it happens, but not impossible, and I don't think Providence, Seton Hall, and Georgetown winning will hurt us. Other than obviously the PC head to head.

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Halftime.
Xavier 31 Providence 29
R. Gaston 12 pts 7 reb for Xavier

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Nothing is bad for Marquette, other than themselves not winning. They control their fate. Standings don't mean anything in at-large picks. The committee says that. Jerry Palm says that.

2012Warrior
02-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Nothing is bad for Marquette, other than themselves not winning. They control their fate. Standings don't mean anything in at-large picks. The committee says that. Jerry Palm says that.

It's not about the standings. These are fellow bubble teams. If we go 4-1 the rest of the regular season, it doesn't matter. However 3-2, would take some help (maybe a lot). I'd rather other teams around us not win.

MU_Iceman
02-15-2017, 06:35 PM
I want 8 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament. Doubt it happens, but not impossible, and I don't think Providence, Seton Hall, and Georgetown winning will hurt us. Other than obviously the PC head to head.

C'mon Brew, you know better than that..There is NO chance in hell the Big East gets 8. There's a better chance MU still wins the BE, and you know what those chances are. Those teams winning would absolutely hurt MU. Once MU has eliminated themselves or played well enough to become a lock, then yes we can root for SH, PC and GT. Until then, the more they lose, the more distance is created between them and MU on the bubble.

MU_Iceman
02-15-2017, 06:49 PM
God Providence is not very good. Still really PO'd MU lost to them.

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Creighton 10 Seton Hall 8 on CBSSN

3 home games in 7 days for Seton Hall. Villanova and Xavier are next for the Pirates.

mufan2003
02-15-2017, 09:24 PM

Yes. I want MU to go 5-0, then win the BE and NCAA tournament :cool:. Other than that, maximize bids for the Big East. Good night for the BE bubble teams.

MU/Panther
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Carrington with 41 points!

Markedman
02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Friars have now beat Butler and Xavier back to back.....they are tough at home.

MU/Panther
02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Friars have now beat Butler and Xavier back to back.....they are tough at home. Very underrated fan base. Helps going to the dance three years in a row.

MU_Iceman
02-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Very underrated fan base. Helps going to the dance three years in a row.

Wish we MU fans knew what that was like :(

mufan2003
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Wish we MU fans knew what that was like :(

We do. 2006 through 2013.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-16-2017, 09:47 PM
C'mon Brew, you know better than that..There is NO chance in hell the Big East gets 8. There's a better chance MU still wins the BE, and you know what those chances are. Those teams winning would absolutely hurt MU. Once MU has eliminated themselves or played well enough to become a lock, then yes we can root for SH, PC and GT. Until then, the more they lose, the more distance is created between them and MU on the bubble.

Locks

Villanova
Butler
Creighton

Possible

Xavier: XU probably gets in with one, but if they go 2-3 (beat Butler, DePaul, lose to Seton Hall, Marquette twice) they would certainly be in.
Marquette: 3-2 probably gets us in, but let's say 5-0 because it's Marquette (beat Xavier twice, St. John's, Providence, Creighton).
Seton Hall: 3-2 gets them to 9-9, which would be good enough. Best case scenario, beat Butler, Xavier, and DePaul, lose to Georgetown and Villanova.
Providence: 3-1 should be enough. Last two are DePaul and St. John's. If they can steal one at Creighton, then lose to Marquette, they may be in business, otherwise playing for NIT.
Georgetown: May need 5-0, but even 4-1 gives them a shot. Tough because of three road games (Creighton, St. John's, Seton Hall). At home, it's the bottom (DePaul) and the top (Villanova).

I don't think it's likely, pretty much everything has to break right, but it's not impossible. As long as Marquette's in I'm happy, but at this point I could see anywhere from 4-8 teams, with 6 feeling most likely (I think Marquette and Seton Hall both get in).