PDA

View Full Version : Parker

mufansince72
02-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Tore his ACL again. A shame.

Goose85
02-09-2017, 02:30 PM
That is really unfortunate and I really feel bad for him.
Hopefully he can stay positive and make a full recovery.

I think this may mean we are headed for the lottery again.

mufan2003
02-09-2017, 02:38 PM
That really sucks. I guess he told the players after the game he just hyper-extended it. I always fear the worst when it comes to the knee.

If there are any positives, it is that the Bucks do well in rehabbing their players. Middleton was expected out 4-6 months and came back after 4. Parker played in his first game 10 months after surgery for his first ACL.

MU/Panther
02-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Doug Gottlieb brought up the question on his show that can be seen on CBSSN to Winkler who was on from WSSP. Is Parker a bust?

Goose85
02-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Doug Gottlieb brought up the question on his show that can be seen on CBSSN to Winkler who was on from WSSP. Is Parker a bust?

Not yet, as he may still come back and be a very good player.
I'm also hesitant to call a player who has played well, close to an all star level, a bust because he is injured.
Not sure, but would Derrick Rose be considered a bust?

MU/Panther
02-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Not yet, as he may still come back and be a very good player.
I'm also hesitant to call a player who has played well, close to an all star level, a bust because he is injured.
Not sure, but would Derrick Rose be considered a bust? The question was brought up on Rose. Difference with Rose is he has played in playoff games and won an MVP.
I would say when an player has an injury, that would be a bust. That's part of many ways to judge a player. If you have an injury you are not helping your team.

I hate to break it to others, but players really don't have a track record from coming back from two ACL's.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-10-2017, 10:58 AM
I think it is too soon to call him a bust, however if he is done at this point then its hard to look at it any other way. Unfortunately Jabari has the talent, and for all intents and purposes seems to be a great kid, but if you aren't on the court you can't produce and lack of production from a #2 pick is a bust.

MU/Panther
02-10-2017, 12:50 PM
I think it is too soon to call him a bust, however if he is done at this point then its hard to look at it any other way. Unfortunately Jabari has the talent, and for all intents and purposes seems to be a great kid, but if you aren't on the court you can't produce and lack of production from a #2 pick is a bust. Correct, like Greg Oden, etc.

mufan2003
02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
I consider a bust to be a player that is drafted high, has good health during his career but never produces. I think of Sean Bradley, picked #2 in the 1993 NBA draft. 2 ACL injuries in 3 years is concerning. Happened to Michael Redd, who was never the same. I hope Jabari can regain the same explosion he displayed this season (some observers thought he came back with better athleticism and a leaner body). If not, it might be a good idea to really work on his mid-range and 3-point shot....when he can start getting on the court again.

mufan2003
02-10-2017, 02:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/get-well-soon-jabari