PDA

View Full Version : Strip the Bradley Center on Feb 18

TheSultan
02-09-2017, 10:57 AM
http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011817aaa.html

I think this is a cool idea, but suggesting that fans should go to the sprit shop to buy the correct shirt isn't going to work. They should at least hand them out in the lower bowl.

TheSultan
02-09-2017, 10:58 AM
And despite my topic title, for God sakes please don't strip in the Bradley Center. STRIPE it. :p

IWB
02-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Cheap tees - have students selling cheap MU tees in the stands for anyone who didn't wear one.

TheSultan
02-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Cheap tees - have students selling cheap MU tees in the stands for anyone who didn't wear one.

Yep. That would work too. Set up something in the lobby.

Goose85
02-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Yep. That would work too. Set up something in the lobby.

Especially for those in the baby blue sections. I have gold and blue shirts and sweatshirts, but I don't have any baby blue. I'm in a navy blue section so I'm covered.

Mucrisco
02-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Especially for those in the baby blue sections. I have gold and blue shirts and sweatshirts, but I don't have any baby blue. I'm in a navy blue section so I'm covered.

You can always buy some baby blue Wisconsin Havoc shirts. ;) I'm covered, but the colors of my program are blue, gold, and baby blue. I wonder why...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-09-2017, 06:13 PM
This has roughly a 0% chance of working well, give or take .1%

pbiflyer
02-09-2017, 06:24 PM
I thought this was about the last game at tbe Bradley center. Take what you want out the door!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-10-2017, 05:21 AM
This has roughly a 0% chance of working well, give or take .1%

And I'm going to lean toward the "take" option. We couldn't get a gold out when they gave away shorts on the seats. Why would this work when they just expect you to show up wearing the right thing? I bet 60% of the fans don't even know about this or what they're supposed to wear.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-10-2017, 06:50 PM
And I'm going to lean toward the "take" option. We couldn't get a gold out when they gave away shorts on the seats. Why would this work when they just expect you to show up wearing the right thing? I bet 60% of the fans don't even know about this or what they're supposed to wear.

This exactly.

Nukem2
02-10-2017, 07:21 PM
It's probably 80%. This will be a real dud.

02-10-2017, 11:58 PM
If we had gold or baby blue (championship blue, valour blue, whatever it's called this year) shirts on all the seats there'd be a chance, though of course you run into size issues. I honestly can't imagine who came up with this.

IrwinFletcher
02-11-2017, 09:14 AM
If this turns out to be a "dud" idea, the blame rests solely on the fan base. This has been advertised on social media and at the games, so if the fans don't show up in the proper colored shirts, they have chosen not to participate.

The Athletic Dept is trying to do some things to get more fannies in the seats. Tryng to create a better atmosphere in the game. But if the fans don't want to play along and simply bitching on message boards, than so be it.

02-11-2017, 12:21 PM
If this turns out to be a "dud" idea, the blame rests solely on the fan base. This has been advertised on social media and at the games, so if the fans don't show up in the proper colored shirts, they have chosen not to participate.

The Athletic Dept is trying to do some things to get more fannies in the seats. Tryng to create a better atmosphere in the game. But if the fans don't want to play along and simply bitching on message boards, than so be it.

Put shirts on the seats and there's a chance. Pass shirts out in the section so sizes match, there's a better chance. Does everyone own all three colors? Will they go buy stuff to match their section? What about non-STH ticket purchases? They are supposedly drawing 18k+ to this game, that's more than 1/3 non regular fans.

I know what I'll be wearing. I'll do my part. But we've seen these not work before. Probably doesn't help that even with a giveaway, they're expecting fans in sweatshirts to change into T-shirts in Milwaukee in February.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening.

IrwinFletcher
02-12-2017, 08:39 AM
I am in agreement with you. It won't work. But the reason it won't work is that the fan base quite frankly, sucks.

TheSultan
02-12-2017, 09:49 AM
I am in agreement with you. It won't work. But the reason it won't work is that the fan base quite frankly, sucks.

:rolleyes: The place is sold out for no more than a decent team. And the fan-base sucks?

IrwinFletcher
02-12-2017, 01:09 PM
It is great that it is sold out for X (and I think they are better than a decent team). We also had about 14,500 in for #1 Villanova which was disapointing.

The majority of the crowd is pretty quiet as well. And don't get a certain poster started about getting back into their seats to begin the 2nd half.

Just my observations. I may in fact be wrong.

79warrior
02-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Please, that is BS. We are a Top 25 team every year in tickets sold and we are no where close to a Top 25 team on the floor. It won't work because it is not a great idea. You wants to make it work, put the shirts on the chairs, like every other program does that wants to color the fanbase.''

The crowd can only do so much. Blaming them is lame.

Nukem2
02-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Please, that is BS. We are a Top 25 team every year in tickets sold and we are no where close to a Top 25 team on the floor. It won't work because it is not a great idea. You wants to make it work, put the shirts on the chairs, like every other program does that wants to color the fanbase.''

The crowd can only do so much. Blaming them is lame.
Yup.

IrwinFletcher
02-12-2017, 03:17 PM
MU sells more tickets per game than Duke, therefore, we have better fans.

You are right.

02-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Does anyone think weather might impact this? Seems like the bulk of our fanbase is wearing sweatshirts and jackets to games this time of year. How many people have gold or baby blue sweatshirts? This year we will likely have better weather. Forecast calls for 50s on Saturday. Not sure that will help, but trying to get everyone into specific color t-shirts in freezing February temperatures (which would be the norm) might be difficult.

79warrior
02-13-2017, 03:17 PM
MU sells more tickets per game than Duke, therefore, we have better fans.

You are right.

What? How many fans would Duke average if they played like we have played the last 4 years and struggle to be .500 in conference? Give me a break.

02-13-2017, 05:30 PM
What? How many fans Duke would average if they played like we have played the last 4 years and struggle to be .500 in conference? Give me a break.

http://www.whodah.com/albums/Graphics-and-GIFs/agc.jpg

TheSultan
02-19-2017, 03:48 PM
I was wrong. This worked. Maybe not 100% by any stretch, but fans put a real good effort into this.

02-19-2017, 10:02 PM
I was wrong. This worked. Maybe not 100% by any stretch, but fans put a real good effort into this.

+1

They did a nice job. Definitely blew my expectations away. In the future, think they should stick to the baby blue and gold, they pop better than the navy sections did.

Nukem2
02-20-2017, 09:27 AM
+1

They did a nice job. Definitely blew my expectations away. In the future, think they should stick to the baby blue and gold, they pop better than the navy sections did.It was ok, but nothing great. I would not have noticed if I had not known. Better to do just one color.

MU/Panther
02-20-2017, 11:24 AM
It was ok, but nothing great. I would not have noticed if I had not known. Better to do just one color. Says the person who doesn't notice much at games. :p

Nukem2
02-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Says the person who doesn't notice much at games. :p
Nah, it was just ok. Need to do one color to get maximum effect. Multiple colors along with non-participants makes for a dull effect. The student section and adjoining areas had gold which was noticeable. The rest of the BC was blah.

02-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Disagree completely. The stripes were obvious. Anyone that didn't notice the baby blue sections is color blind. Especially in the lower bowl. It'll be interesting to see how they maintain it in future attempts, but that was a massive success, especially considering the bulk of expectations I saw were low.

MU/Panther
02-20-2017, 02:13 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_storywidephoto/12456851.jpeg

TheSultan
02-20-2017, 02:22 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_storywidephoto/12456851.jpeg

The fact that they got it to that point without handing out shirts for free was pretty impressive. Good work by our fanbase.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Definitely better than my expectations, especially given the flawed roll out. With that said, I wasn't at the game and could only watch on TV and you would have never known... but I guess that is not the point because it isn't for TV purposes.

MU/Panther
02-20-2017, 07:16 PM
I thought it stood out on TV. Why was it a flawed roll out?