PDA

View Full Version : Good story on Crean, Wesley & Yogi Farrell

IWB
02-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Good story from Mavs' website on Wesley Matthews and Yogi Farrell being undrafted players that played for Crean.

https://www.mavs.com/undrafted-to-the-nba-how-tom-crean-left-his-mark-on-yogi-ferrell-and-wesley-matthews/#utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ORG&utm_term=YOUSEF_020817&utm_content=IUCOACH_MATTHEWSFERRELL

I have told this before but I remember many years ago I was in Indy for work and picked up the local paper. There was an article ripping basketball recruiting sites, mainly Clark Francis because he just ranked the top 10 5th graders in the nation. Yes, 5th graders. Critics were all saying it was too early, as was I. So I held on to that paper thinking, "Let's just wait and see if this kid ever turns into anything."

I came across the paper last summer. Knowing what it was right away, I was ready to Google the #1 5th grader in the nation to see if he ever even got to play hoops in college. And there it was...

Yogi Farrell

Good call Clark, good call.

CaribouJim
02-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Funny how Wesley worded this “Partially being a product of Tom Crean myself..." Was he talking about Buzz in particular for the part not a product of TC or all his coaches collectively? I think it was Buzz as an homage to Buzz for "unleashing" him.