PDA

View Full Version : Rosemont Horizon/Allstate whatever

Gato78
02-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Happy to walk out of that dump for the last time yesterday. It was fun over the past 14 years, for sure since we turned it into our place since Wade's first year playing. Wish DWade coulda been there yesterday. Yesterday was again emblematic of the absolute crap the DePaul program has become. They will win from time-to-time but their trajectory is not up. Still need an overhaul. Should have marketed the crap out of yesterday's game as the last MU-DePaul game at the Horizon/Alstate Arena. Instead, they have an absolute crap fanbase attendance with about 100 students. No mention of it having been last MU vs DePaul game there. Just pathetic. Look forward to taking over their new arena!

CaribouJim
02-05-2017, 02:51 PM
We were talking about how pathetic the game experience game is there - basic things like crappy scoreboard, crappy sound system, horrifically bad non-bball entertainment during timeouts and at half, scarcity of bars within walking distance. Depressing setting.

About 8300 yesterday - less than half capacity - looked to me over half MU fans. Just a cluster%^&$. However the DePaul cheerleader coach still looks insanely and scorchingly hot, but then again, she is an ex-luvabull!

The new arena looks cool though: http://mccormicksquarechicago.com/about-mccormick-square/wintrust-arena/

MU/Panther
02-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Just think the jumbotron is somewhat new. Location is odd, that there is no bars around.

Truth be told. I can't really pick on the fan base too much. It's been last place or so for now 12 years in a row.

MayorBeluga
02-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Didn't realize it was the last MU game there. Almost makes me wish I could see it one last time. Almost.

Looking at the depictions of the new arena, they show it full for a DePaul game. Um, yeah. Uh huh.

CaribouJim
02-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Looking at the depictions of the new arena, they show it full for a DePaul game. Um, yeah. Uh huh.

They are obviously playing MU!

MU/Panther
02-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Next year, Northwestern is playing all it's home games at Allstate Arena.

kneelb4zerg
02-05-2017, 07:31 PM

Wut?

BLT
02-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Wut?

Welsh-Ryan is getting redone.

CaribouJim
02-05-2017, 07:42 PM

They did something similar in the early '80's when they did the first renovation of Walsh Ryan, but they played at DePaul's old but cool on campus arena. Me and a roomie from MU lived about 2 blocks from the center of DePaul's Lincoln Park campus after graduating from MU and they had a special Big 10 games only package at a great price and we bought it - NW actually made the NIT that year and had more than a solid team. Don't think we missed a game. Really fun - some great games and really up close and personal vistas. We'd swing by Glascott's on Halsted for a beer after the games.

MUAlphaBangura
02-05-2017, 07:54 PM
All of their bleachers being replaced with actual seats. Will be less seats available after the renovation. Was only about 8,100. They've got about 18,000 seats available for one year.

pbiflyer
02-06-2017, 05:31 PM
We were talking about how pathetic the game experience game is there - basic things like crappy scoreboard, crappy sound system, horrifically bad non-bball entertainment during timeouts and at half, scarcity of bars within walking distance. Depressing setting.

About 8300 yesterday - less than half capacity - looked to me over half MU fans. Just a cluster%^&$. However the DePaul cheerleader coach still looks insanely and scorchingly hot, but then again, she is an ex-luvabull!

The new arena looks cool though: http://mccormicksquarechicago.com/about-mccormick-square/wintrust-arena/
You're welcome.

CaribouJim
02-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Scorching!!!

IrwinFletcher
02-07-2017, 06:53 PM
If and when DePaul returns to any semblance of prominence, they will be tough at home. I have seen updates through DePaul twitter of the new stadium and it is going to be very, very cozy. Will give them quite a home court advantage if they can get fannies in the seats.