01-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Any recruits in attendance?

MayorBeluga
01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Any recruits in attendance?

Between the ref show and our crappy play, we can hope not

IWB
01-28-2017, 02:34 PM
One guy here from Minnesota, not sure who.

DCwarrior
01-28-2017, 03:27 PM
We played well in the 2nd half, but Providence really played a great game, especially Cartwright. He's got the ugliest stroke, but he kept making them.

ge1974
01-28-2017, 03:31 PM
We played well in the 2nd half, but Providence really played a great game, especially Cartwright. He's got the ugliest stroke, but he kept making them.

I agree. Cartwright has a little bit of DJO in him.

pbiflyer
01-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Same old mediocre bball that has become the trademark of mubb.

Nukem2
01-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Guys just did not seem to have any bounce in them today. But, some of that is PC's length and quickness which did bother MU. Letdown? Who knows. MU's shooting was bad with many shots just way off. Lucky to get those calls for Rowsey and Reinhardt. Which ended up in a lot of FTs.

Lindsey and Fazekas gave PC a huge lift in 1st half with 3s. Got to stay up on those guys as that's pretty much all they do. Cartwright' second half performance was the clincher.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I guess this teams destination was beating #1...You lose to a **** team like that at home...you don't deserve to play in the NCAA's..period. Nothing more than a fart in the wind.

Nukem2
01-28-2017, 04:31 PM
I guess this teams destination was beating #1...You lose to a **** team like that at home...you don't deserve to play in the NCAA's..period. Nothing more than a fart in the wind.
Uhh, Iceman, you do realize that Providence has an RPI of 63? Hardly a bad team. Hey got off to a rough start in BE play. PC does have talent.

Looked again. PCs RPI now 61.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Uhh, Iceman, you do realize that Providence has an RPI of 63? Hardly a bad team. Hey got off to a rough start in BE play. PC does have talent.

Looked again. PCs RPI now 61.

I could care less what their RPI is, there is ZERO excuse for losing to a team like that at home..They are NOT a good team..period.

Nukem2
01-28-2017, 04:38 PM
I could care less what their RPI is, there is ZERO excuse for losing to a team like that at home..They are NOT a good team..period.
You are welcome to your opinion. PC is not that bad and MU doe not match up well unless the offense is in gear. PC certainly did disrupt the MU offense today.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 04:48 PM
You are welcome to your opinion. PC is not that bad and MU doe not match up well unless the offense is in gear. PC certainly did disrupt the MU offense today.

They lost to freaking DePaul!!! DePaul...let that sink in for a minute...'nuff said.

TheSultan
01-28-2017, 04:56 PM
They lost to freaking DePaul!!! DePaul...let that sink in for a minute...'nuff said.

Because if there is one iron clad rule in college basketball, it's the transitive property.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Because if there is one iron clad rule in college basketball, it's the transitive property.

No, the point is, you beat the teams you are better than...ESPECIALLY at home.

TheSultan
01-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Progress isn't linear. Oftentimes you take a step back. The trajectory is good.

MUfan12
01-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Sh*t happens, Ice. Gotta realize that things aren't as cut and dried as you make them. PC hit some tough and timely shots, MU just couldn't get any separation when they took a lead.

As long as you take care of bizness this week, things are on track. They can beat Butler at home. And I'm almost positive they beat PC in the return game.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Sh*t happens, Ice. Gotta realize that things aren't as cut and dried as you make them. PC hit some tough and timely shots, MU just couldn't get any separation when they took a lead.

As long as you take care of bizness this week, things are on track. They can beat Butler at home. And I'm almost positive they beat PC in the return game.

The problem is, this has the making of a down word spiral...Could easily see them losing at SJU now..doubt they lose at DePaul but still..getting 2nd in the BE is going to be really tough now.

kneelb4zerg
01-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Probably the wrong way to look at it but I feel they would've won this game if they had lost to Nova. I'll take the Nova win and call it a day.

Can't avoid outcomes like this if you only play one side of the ball.

kneelb4zerg
Probably the wrong way to look at it but I feel they would've won this game if they had lost to Nova. I'll take the Nova win and call it a day.

Can't avoid outcomes like this if you only play one side of the ball.

bleedbluegold03
I'm more frustrated with Wojo's end of game play calling. All season long it's been a "ride the hot hand" mentality.

You get back in the game on the back of Rowsey and instead you give an ISO to a guy who's 3-11 on the night? Just don't get it.

TheSultan
01-28-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm more frustrated with Wojo's end of game play calling. All season long it's been a "ride the hot hand" mentality.

You get back in the game on the back of Rowsey and instead you give an ISO to a guy who's 3-11 on the night? Just don't get it.

It worked against Creighton and Nova.

MU_Iceman
01-28-2017, 06:20 PM
It worked against Creighton and Nova.

Which also means, it's expected then too. Regardless, the game wasn't lost on that shot..Should have NEVER let them hang around to begin with.

TheSultan
01-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Which also means, it's expected then too. Regardless, the game wasn't lost on that shot..Should have NEVER let them hang around to begin with.

I agree with you there. They overcame their offensive woes, took the lead a couple times, but could never get the stop they needed.

MUMac
01-28-2017, 09:21 PM

That is what really irked me today. The shots were not falling for most, that happens. Rowsey was on. You have Rowsey, Howard, HC (why he was in there? I haven't a clue.), Hauser and Reinhardt in the game at the end. Reinhardt had a fairly invisible game. A few quick missed 3 attempts when the team was getting close or had a chance to take the lead, but other than that, not much to hold your hat on. He drives, puts up a soft shot that gets swatted away. So you go back to the well again? Really? No one even available for a kick out? No one crashing the boards (well, who could anyway with that lineup?). Weak sauce. Really weak.

This may not sit well with some on this board and I may get pasted for this, but I have held back long enough. I know there are many that love Wojo. I admit. I have not bought into him. I don't see it yet. 3 years in and I don't see the coaching. Development. Adjustments. I fear a Mike Deane without the after game fun.

MUMac
01-28-2017, 09:24 PM
I agree with you there. They overcame their offensive woes, took the lead a couple times, but could never get the stop they needed.

Maybe they just needed to slap the floor, then. Too bad we can't get a coach who knows defense, right?

kneelb4zerg
01-28-2017, 09:25 PM
That is what really irked me today. The shots were not falling for most, that happens. Rowsey was on. You have Rowsey, Howard, HC (why he was in there? I haven't a clue.), Hauser and Reinhardt in the game at the end. Reinhardt had a fairly invisible game. A few quick missed 3 attempts when the team was getting close or had a chance to take the lead, but other than that, not much to hold your hat on. He drives, puts up a soft shot that gets swatted away. So you go back to the well again? Really? No one even available for a kick out? No one crashing the boards (well, who could anyway with that lineup?). Weak sauce. Really weak.

This may not sit well with some on this board and I may get pasted for this, but I have held back long enough. I know there are many that love Wojo. I admit. I have not bought into him. I don't see it yet. 3 years in and I don't see the coaching. Development. Adjustments. I fear a Mike Deane without the after game fun.

The guy basically won us the Nova and Creighton game.

Now it's dumb to go to him in crunch time.

Maybe the play call was bad but I have no problem going to Reinhardt dr.

MUMac
01-28-2017, 09:31 PM
The guy basically won us the Nova and Creighton game.

Now it's dumb to go to him in crunch time.

Maybe the play call was bad but I have no problem going to Reinhardt dr.

Today was not his day. Creighton and Nova do not matter today. Transitive property in basketball works for you, I guess. but in the real world, it doesn't.

I did not mind the first one to Reinhardt, but after you saw that, you go back for more? A fade away against a longer player is what we got. No one else was in the play. A clear out for him. No one in a passing lane for a pass or kick out. Yeah, that is dumb. Really dumb and I could give a rats a$$ of your opinion on it, quite frankly.

Nukem2
01-28-2017, 09:37 PM
Today was not his day. Creighton and Nova do not matter today. Transitive property in basketball works for you, I guess. but in the real world, it doesn't.

I did not mind the first one to Reinhardt, but after you saw that, you go back for more? A fade away against a longer player is what we got. No one else was in the play. A clear out for him. No one in a passing lane for a pass or kick out. Yeah, that is dumb. Really dumb and I could give a rats a$$ of your opinion on it, quite frankly.
Agreed, the first one was ok. But, given the day, some one else should have been the second choice. Katin was not getting it done today. But, it was a coach's decision? We move on. We were lucky to be in that situation with Rowseys 4 and missed PC FTs.

TheSultan
01-28-2017, 09:58 PM

I'm not sure he's going to lead us as far as TC or Buzz did, but he is growing as a coach. There has been development and adjustments. Maybe not as much as you would like, and that could be a fair criticism.

MUfan12
01-28-2017, 10:19 PM
Here's the problem with second guessing that last play- With 6 seconds left, what happens if the primary option gets taken away? That's more likely to happen if you're running something for the smaller guards.

I'm fine clearing out for Katin... He's big enough to create his own shot in a short amount of time. He just missed it. It happens.

MU/Panther
01-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Saturday on 4th Street

Marquette -15,369 (4th biggest crowd in all of college basketball on Saturday)
Admirals- 8,833 (95% capacity)
Bucks- 18,717 (sellout)

Nukem2
01-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Here's the problem with second guessing that last play- With 6 seconds left, what happens if the primary option gets taken away? That's more likely to happen if you're running something for the smaller guards.

I'm fine clearing out for Katin... He's big enough to create his own shot in a short amount of time. He just missed it. It happens.
In 3 tries, he has missed 3 times while getting fouled on one try on which some have doubted that there was even a foul (though I will side with the ref). Next time the opponent will be looking for Katin as did PC. Need to go elsewhere next time?

With the ball on the move, Katin has been an able distributor and has been able to get himself free for mid-range jumpers on which he is very good. Driving to the hoop, Nova notwithstanding, not so mUch.

TheSultan
01-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Not just Nova, he drove to the hoop consistently against Creighton as well. It has been a winning strategy so I don't blame Wojo for going that direction. Concerns about going back to that well a second time are understandable.

Nukem2
01-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Not just Nova, he drove to the hoop consistently against Creighton as well. It has been a winning strategy so I don't blame Wojo for going that direction. Concerns about going back to that well a second time are understandable.
Yes he drove against Creighton as well, but he was passing the ball out and had 7 assists to go with his 3s and mid-range shots. Opponents will be watching for him driving the ball in future opportunities, so he'll need to look for the open man if the clock permits.

ge1974
01-29-2017, 10:08 AM
FYI - Jamal Cain was in attendance yesterday. Anyone know the recruit from Minnesota who was at the game according to IWB?

Gato78
01-29-2017, 04:09 PM
I was responsible for that error. My usher talked to him and told me he was from Minnesota. Compounding curiosity was that he wore a jacket that was from some other high school than the one he attends now. I gave IWB bad info! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

CaribouJim
01-29-2017, 04:35 PM
I was responsible for that error. My usher talked to him and told me he was from Minnesota. Compounding curiosity was that he wore a jacket that was from some other high school than the one he attends now. I gave IWB bad info! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

!@#$%^' lawyers!!!

MayorBeluga
01-29-2017, 04:44 PM

So you're no longer in full compliance with Circ 230 then?

Markedman
01-29-2017, 05:17 PM

So it was Cain that you saw or was Cain not there either?

Kind of surprised that Cain would make the long drive in for the game on his own dime but great to see if true.

Big Daddy hinted that they are trying to get Elliott on campus on 2/18 or 3/4......hopefully Cain can join him....if he still comes now that Izzo has offered.