PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Stone

Gato78
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Per Mark Miller Tweet: Diamond Stone taking an unofficial today at MU with "teo underclassmen from Orr". I hope they all enjoy the day!!!!

bleedbluegold03
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
It's the logical assumption that he'll commit today ;)

That has really shocked me though how Crean has consistently been able to get very high level commits to verbal 2-3 years in advance

Goose85
06-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I know Buzz indicated on Homer's show that he was going to have a very good player in for a visit, my guess is Stone is that player. Obviously any time he is on campus is a good thing for MU.

What should we take from Diamond Stone taking and unofficial to MU today with the guys from Orr?

An unofficial is a chance for MU to really show Stone and his family around and get them introductions and comfortable with not just Buzz, Chew, coaches, but also academic support, trainers, etc.

Should we read any more into this than just Stone coming over to play with the guys as he has done before? Living in town I'm guessing he can come in for an unofficial anytime. Is this timing significant?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I would think its way too early for a commitment... Would imagine that will be at least another year or two as he is only goin to be a Sophmore... Probably just coming to check things out.

IWB
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
He is there as often as he can be to play, but don't think they will be playing today.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Jim, I assume it's too early, but has he set a timetable for when he'd like to commit? Sometimes guys will say the summer of their junior year or whatever...

IWB
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
No - remember, not only is he a high school frosh, he is on the younger side of the class too. He needs some time.

dw3dw3dw3
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Scout just jumped him up to #2 for 2015...

It would be great if Chris or Davante could make a huge leap forward to where they would be considered a draft worthy type of prospects in the next 2 years. While we have a record of getting players drafted, we don't have any record of lottery picks since Wade or developing draft worthy post players.

Such an opportunity for MU with him and Looney. Has there ever been 2 or even 1 top 10 prospects from Milwaukee/Wisconsin at the same time?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Such an opportunity for MU with him and Looney. Has there ever been 2 or even 1 top 10 prospects from Milwaukee/Wisconsin at the same time?

Even 1? Yeah, JP Tokoto was top-5 at one point. Not sure about having 2 top-10 guys at the same time...if so, it's been awhile.

IWB
07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Brian Butch was #7.

Goose85
07-05-2012, 10:07 AM
If both Looney and Stone chose to come to MU, and Looney would stay for at least two years, they could really do something special here. It would be a great national story - four guys stay home playing for MU, and get to the final four. They would become, as individuals and as a group, larger than life celebs.

Realistically, it would be great if MU could land one of the two.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
If we landed them both it wouldn't be a stretch to think a National title would be a possibility assuming they stay at their current rising pace... They are both legit top 10 and maybe even top 5 national talents. Now that being said I don't think we get both... I think there is a chance we get one, but I'm not going to hold my breath because stuff changes SO fast and these kids are so young.

Goose85
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Just hope with guys at this level of rankings, that the people surrounding them are clean and the recruitment is a clean one. Sometimes a kid has no idea that the people he trusts are looking for the big payday.

Nukem2
07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Looks like Duane Wilson will be the key to Stone's recruitment...? From my base of no knowledge whatsoever, Looney seems to be a guy, given continued development and good health, who is going to end up at one of the "bluebloods" ala Tokoto...?

dw3dw3dw3
07-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Stone keeps posting pictures with other NBA guys at the Lebron James camp..... Trying to ignore the fact all 3 pics were Calipari guys (Lebron, Davis, Gilchrist), he's a little bigger than Lebron already and seems to be close to Mr Davis's size.

Davis
https://twitter.com/Diamond_Stone33/status/221465790916984832/photo/1

Lebron
https://twitter.com/Diamond_Stone33/status/221441839134285825/photo/1

Tatum74
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Lebron was not a "Calipari guy"...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Lebron may not have been, but they are definitely connected through WWW... These camps are fun and a good experience, but also a great way for guys like Calipari to work his way in through former players and his contacts.

dw3dw3dw3
07-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Lebron was not a "Calipari guy"...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/17/report-lebron-james-john-calipari-being-shopped-as-package-deal/

TheSultan
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/17/report-lebron-james-john-calipari-being-shopped-as-package-deal/

And the fact that this didn't come close to occurring means????

dw3dw3dw3
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
And the fact that this didn't come close to occurring means????

The original point was he's hanging out and taking pictures with a bunch of guys who think Calapari is a good guy to play for...nothing more, nothing less.

Tatum74
07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Understand - and my point was that we have no way of knowing whether LeBron has any relationship with Calipari at all aside from some possible WWW connection. Let's hope LeBron (and DWade) thinks Buzz is a good guy to play for...either way, going to be tough to keep Stone in a bubble these next two years given attendance at high profile camps and likely participation in USA teams.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Lebron has been to a couple UK games and is well known to be connected to Calipari, that is no secret...

Goose85
07-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Need D Wade to tell Lebron to stay out of the Diamond Stone business and let him come to MU.

Markedman
07-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Why would any kid listen to an NBA player who he doesn't know when making a college choice?

I mean Wade would tell him to go to MU, Jordan could tell him to to NC, etc etc......

I think all of that stuff is overblown. Coach, school, style of play, distance from home, conference, and how he fits in with current players are all much more important factors.

Stone is a smart kid.....He knows Lebron never went to school or played for any college coach(other then K in the Olympics) so how can he give advice on the subject? Especially when he doesn't know what's important to Stone ?