PDA

View Full Version : Do we have an agreement with new arena?

WarriorOMalley82
01-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I was told we don't have an agreement with the Bucks for the new arena yet. Does anyone have info on this?

TedBaxter
01-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Well, if no Marquette than no NCAA tournaments held at the new arena.

Markedman
01-21-2017, 07:15 PM
It's going to difficult for us to keep playing at the BC.....so I think they will get it worked out.

MUAlphaBangura
01-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Are you sure they are talking about the arena and not the sports medicine facility. I don't believe they have any agreement with the Bucks about that. Just assumed with all the talk from both sides that the arena is a done deal.

WarriorOMalley82
01-21-2017, 10:29 PM
I was told there is not an agreement as yet for the new arena. Am wondering if true. Btw it is from a high and good source.

MayorBeluga
01-22-2017, 08:53 AM
I was told there is not an agreement as yet for the new arena. Am wondering if true. Btw it is from a high and good source.

Well if the good source was high, maybe he was mistaken. :D

Seriously, I wonder if the differences of opinion over the MU facility have had negotiations more difficult than anticipated.

Gato78
01-22-2017, 09:11 AM
I know we do not have an agreement but we are very close. There have been some issues in negotiations. Assuredly the price has gone up. We are now dealing with the Bucks rather than the Bradley Center Board which was very friendly to MU. My understanding is that the athletics performance center "deal" caused some problems. My source is not on the MU side of the negotiations.

IrwinFletcher
01-22-2017, 09:22 AM
What exactly is being negotiated? The rental price for games? Dates? Access to the stadium for practices?

Nukem2
01-22-2017, 11:45 AM
What exactly is being negotiated? The rental price for games? Dates? Access to the stadium for practices?All of it, but specific dates obviously can't be done now.

KMWTRUCKS
01-24-2017, 09:18 AM
For the life of Me I will not understand how MU did not have more discussions with the Bucks and the billionaires attached in regard to the New PT sports center. I would consider this a epic failure on MU and Lovetts account. Please someone explain to me if I'm wrong. I was thinking the bucks had someone inside the loop on this the whole time and they were going to part of the building and help with some naming rights?

IWB
01-24-2017, 11:04 AM
The Bucks were really focused on the JS site, and were going to build the plaza/entertainment aspect of it in, around and up Wisconsin Avenue, and with that the new facility would have been very close to the Bucks' interests and it all would have tied together.

With the JS not willing to sell, the new stadium moved a few blocks to the north and the Bucks' ownership turned their focus into that area for development.

Markedman
03-18-2017, 06:55 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2017/03/18/bucks-marquette-bid-for-future-march-madness.html

MU/Panther
03-19-2017, 09:25 AM
I keep hearing two things. Is MU's lease for the new arena with the WCD or Bucks?

Nukem2
03-19-2017, 11:00 AM
I keep hearing two things. Is MU's lease for the new arena with the WCD or Bucks?I believe it would be with the WCD.

Gato78
03-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Lease is with the Bucks. They control everything. There is so much going on behind the scenes which I have heard from the Bucks and Froetdert sides. MU has had trouble negotiating and many things involved beginning with the proposed MU facility and based on partnerships with orthopods. Seriously. I understand that there was an agreement in principle with the Bucks. Not sure if it is yet reduced to writing. I also hear naming rights is not a local company fwiw.

MU/Panther
03-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Then why if I understand this is the Bucks lease with the WCD? Wouldn't that be the same with Marquette?

TheSultan
03-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Then why if I understand this is the Bucks lease with the WCD? Wouldn't that be the same with Marquette?

Don't the Bucks control the revenue that is generated by the arena, except for ticket surcharges, and annual lease payments to WCD? My guess is that the Bucks, Marquette and WCD have to work out the financial issues of concessions, parking, etc. to satisfy all parties.

Halo
03-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Lease is with the Bucks. They control everything. There is so much going on behind the scenes which I have heard from the Bucks and Froetdert sides. MU has had trouble negotiating and many things involved beginning with the proposed MU facility and based on partnerships with orthopods. Seriously. I understand that there was an agreement in principle with the Bucks. Not sure if it is yet reduced to writing. I also hear naming rights is not a local company fwiw.

Yes, heard the same Gato. Not there yet, but getting closer.

TrevorCandelino
03-21-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes, heard the same Gato. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Length of lease is an issue.