3:30- DePaul at St. John's- Brian Custer and Jim Spanarkel
Line: St. John's -9

5:30- Seton Hall at Villanova- Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery
Line: Villanova -14

8:00-Providence at Georgetown- Justin Kutcher, Tarik Turner
Line: Georgetown -5.5

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-15-2017, 05:56 PM
That's a huge opportunity. I'm expecting us to fall to 3-5 once Nova leaves town, but tomorrow may be our best shot to steal one. Butler just gutted out a win over Xavier while we were able to sit our starters with both teams on short rest.

Either way, come next week we'll have 5 of our most difficult conference matches out of the way, with a trip to Xavier the toughest test left.

MU/Panther
01-15-2017, 07:10 PM
If MU wants and thinks they are a NCAA team, they can't lose the next three games.

01-15-2017, 07:30 PM
That's patently not true. MU will be underdogs the next three games, and there are probably about 340 teams in the country that would be underdogs if they had to go to Butler, Creighton, and host Villanova. Marquette is in fine position, even if they go 0-3. They need 7 wins and will have 5 of the 6 toughest conference games out of the way. Winning any of the next three is a bonus and should not be expected. Lose all three and it doesn't change their tournament odds from today one single bit.

Nukem2
01-15-2017, 07:50 PM
That's patently not true. MU will be underdogs the next three games, and there are probably about 340 teams in the country that would be underdogs if they had to go to Butler, Creighton, and host Villanova. Marquette is in fine position, even if they go 0-3. They need 7 wins and will have 5 of the 6 toughest conference games out of the way. Winning any of the next three is a bonus and should not be expected. Lose all three and it doesn't change their tournament odds from today one single bit.
Maybe just a teeny bit?;)

01-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Winning would definitely help the case, but losing won't hurt it.

MU/Panther
01-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Boy, did the line move for Xavier -4

MU/Panther
01-16-2017, 02:26 PM
Mo Watson went out twice with a left knee injury. Let's hope Creighton doesn't play him on Saturday.

Creighton up 36-34 on Xavier.

warriorfan4life
01-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Mo Watson went out twice with a left knee injury. Let's hope Creighton doesn't play him on Saturday.

Creighton up 36-34 on Xavier.

God this sucks for Creighton and the league. May not have believed that they were the 7th best team in the country, but they were really good and really entertaining.

mufan2003
01-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Hope it is just a sprain and not a tear.

warriorfan4life
01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Hope it is just a sprain and not a tear.

If it's an ACL, you normally know after quick testing on the spot (MRI just confirms initial diagnosis).

MU_Iceman
01-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe
Maurice Watson told Coach McDermott: "I'm done. I heard it pop."
0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes

MU_Iceman
01-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe
Maurice Watson told Coach McDermott: "I'm done. I heard it pop."
0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes

warriorfan4life
01-16-2017, 03:34 PM
Blown opportunity looks to be today's theme of the day. Not my losing my head about it, but objectively Marquette blew a big opportunity today. Creighton likely had the opportunity of an awesome season horribly taken from them. Xavier missed out on a massive opportunity to get a high-profile win at home against against a team that just lost their most important player.

Gato78
01-16-2017, 04:29 PM
We had a great opportunity to make a statement and position ourselves for an NCAA bid. We blew it. Luke and JJ have never been to the post season. You would think they would have some urgency, and Reinhardt too. I do not see that. I know that Luke and Reinhardt and JJ can play to a very high level--they have done it before. Are they waiting for Senior Night to figure out this may be coming to an end?

pbiflyer
01-16-2017, 04:37 PM
If it's an ACL, you normally know after quick testing on the spot (MRI just confirms initial diagnosis).

They were wrong with the initial diagnosis on Tannyhill of the Miami Dolphins. So there is hope for them, even if the initial diagnosis is a tear.

warriorfan4life
01-16-2017, 04:37 PM
We had a great opportunity to make a statement and position ourselves for an NCAA bid. We blew it. Luke and JJ have never been to the post season. You would think they would have some urgency, and Reinhardt too. I do not see that. I know that Luke and Reinhardt and JJ can play to a very high level--they have done it before. Are they waiting for Senior Night to figure out this may be coming to an end?

Today's loss hurts for making the tourney, but it is a flesh wound (and we have a bunch more opportunities that we just need to take a couple of). Where it hurts more is that with a win, we could dream about more then just making the tourney (like say wearing home colors as the higher seed in the first round). Instead, we remain in the bubble pool and are focusing on doing enough to just get in.

My hope is that next year we are closing out games like this one, Pittsburgh, and Hall in Newark. We have progressed from sub-NIT to NCAA bubble this year (a bigger jump then most realize). Next year, I want to go from NCAA bubble to making it in the tourney comfortably.

Markedman
01-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Nova destroying the Hall 27-10....7 minutes left in the half

MU/Panther
01-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Thought St. John's had a nice win today in their final home campus game of the season.

Markedman
01-16-2017, 07:01 PM
51-26 Nova........man are they good

MU/Panther
01-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Three straight road games will get you. Home game Sunday versus St. John's is what the doctor calls for.

Markedman
01-16-2017, 07:17 PM
65-31.......shock and awe. Lol

MU/Panther
01-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Providence looking good at Georgetown.