PDA

View Full Version : Gardner, in or out vs Cincy?

IWB
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM
So here is how it played out with Buzz and the media today...

Buzz: "This will be our 4th game without a post player."

Tom Enlund: "Is that for sure that Davante won't play?"

Buzz: "I don't think Davante is a post player, he's a fat guy that can score the ball."

Tom Enlund: "So there is a chance?"

Buzz: "Slim chance, slim."

Paul Imig: "So he's progressing?"

Buzz: "Yes, Earnest has been working with him and he's making progress. But when he does come back, it'll be our 4th different team this year."

Gato78
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
He said today at the luncheon that he was out for Cincy.

Goose85
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Will be tougher with the big bodies Cincy has.
Hopefully he is ready to roll for UConn.

IWB
02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I saw him yesterday. The way he was walking, you could tell he had a knee brace on, but the big guy was still moving pretty well. I think he definitely returns for UConn, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see him vs Cincy, despite what Buzz said yesterday.

Goose85
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Maybe Buzz was throwing a little smoke screen out there. Hey Cincy, prepare for MU without Davante - then in comes Davante.

IWB
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Speaking of Cincy, do they require their athletes to go to school? They played at St. John's Monday night. Flew out of NYC Tuesday morning. Don't know where they flew to or what they did on Tuesday & Wednesday, but they were slated to practice in The Al McGuire Center on Thursday & Friday. I know MU typically leaves town on the afternoon before a game, but to be in town two+ full days before a game?

Also, home court advantage has some perks. The crowd etc, but mainly, familiar surroundings. One thing nice about the Kasten Gym is that they have the same identical court and markings as the Bradley Center. So, if you line up for an inbounds play you always line up at say, the "c" in McGuire. Well, with that in mind, does it help Cincy to basically practice on the game court for two days?