PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Kendrick Nunn is visiting tomorrow

TheSultan
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Mentioned on twitter. Can anyone confirm? That has to be a good sign that he continues to come up here.

mufansince72
06-10-2012, 08:50 PM
You should get a premium subscription as IWB is pretty good about keeping everyone informed of the day to day activities of the MU Basketball Program

TheSultan
06-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Stay classy Sultan

I'm sorry...did I say something wrong? I wasn't pulling any information from a premium board, but from MU Scoop.

Gato78
06-11-2012, 07:40 AM
IWB had this last week as well as the other 2 visitors.

TheSultan
06-11-2012, 07:50 AM
IWB had this last week as well as the other 2 visitors.

OK thanks Gato. I am usually too cheap to buy any sort of membership, and that was very easy since the Scout membership was considered a joke. I am thinking about joining this however if people think it is worthwhile. I think I might be able to swing $7 per month. :p

lj854
06-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Definitely worth the $$. Only $5/month if you sign up for the annual subscription.

2012Warrior
06-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Second lj854. I tried scout and the main draw for me was iwb and Mark Miller. I think you get a lot more bang for your buck here. Also, the premium articles are fun to read.

Also, not sure why you were called out on this thread. The Nunn news was being tweeted last night and not everyone has a premium membership here.

MU Viking
06-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Worth every penny.

mufansince72
06-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Well worth the price of admission to the premium board.

MUMac
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
OK thanks Gato. I am usually too cheap to buy any sort of membership, and that was very easy since the Scout membership was considered a joke. I am thinking about joining this however if people think it is worthwhile. I think I might be able to swing $7 per month. :p

IMHO, definitely worth it. We have heard about commitments well in advance; recruits coming in (as Gato mentioned above) days before others had it; recruits no longer considering MU; info on the goings on inside MU's Admin as it relates to MU Basketball ... Well worth the investment.

MUMac
06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Also, not sure why you were called out on this thread. The Nunn news was being tweeted last night and not everyone has a premium membership here.

I am guessing this comment from Sultan "I wasn't pulling any information from a premium board, but from MU Scoop." addressed the calling out. If you are a Premium Member, it would make sense.

IWB
06-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Sultan wasn't the one I was referring to.

2012Warrior
06-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I am guessing this comment from Sultan "I wasn't pulling any information from a premium board, but from MU Scoop." addressed the calling out. If you are a Premium Member, it would make sense.

I have a premium membership and was guessing people were angry because of that. I just thought it hit twitter and was made pretty well public before Sultans post. Just thought people were pretty quick to jump on him, but I read other free boards. If you don't, then I could see why it might not have been thought to be as well-known

bleedbluegold03
06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
echo everyone's positive statements on the premium board, best $25 a student could ask for.

Ending the witch hunt as I am sure Jim can handle things, what an addition that would be. Many people have reported the recruitment of Nunn has been the definition of a roller coaster ride and I would be elated to see him end up in blue and gold. A true exclamation point on the Run MKE class of '13

TheSultan
06-11-2012, 08:58 AM
OK, I dusted off the ole checkbook and joined. Also had to re-activate my Paypal account. I'm such a cheapo...

Pipelayer
06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Started my trial run...I'm sure it will be worth the money. Just a quick ?. If you want to end your subscription where do you go, thanks.

MUMac
06-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I have a premium membership and was guessing people were angry because of that. I just thought it hit twitter and was made pretty well public before Sultans post. Just thought people were pretty quick to jump on him, but I read other free boards. If you don't, then I could see why it might not have been thought to be as well-known

Not people, but person. I was only giving my hunch to the explanation. I was not making nor condoning said accusation.

IWB
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Was hoping to get another re-cap tonight but I do not believe Nunn will be playing with the guys today. Because of summer classes & injuries, they just won't be able to get a solid 10 to play while he is here.

For those who are new subscribers, here is what I wrote up the last time recruits were in, two days before McKay committed....Inside The AL (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?359-Let-s-go-Inside-The-AL)

Markedman
06-11-2012, 08:53 PM
This doesn't sound too promising. Wants Kentucky to "get involved".

http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/nunn-hoping-uk-gets-involved-wants-to-visit-ucla/

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, probably the most lucrative option out there. Lets him make money like a professional without all that bother of being drafted.

Markedman
06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
If he doesn't think the schools that have offered are high major enough for him then I'd wish him good luck and move on to a player who is excited about the opportunity to play at MU.

MUMac
06-11-2012, 09:06 PM
If he doesn't think the schools that have offered are high major enough for him then I'd wish him good luck and move on to a player who is excited about the opportunity to play at MU.

Agree completely. Buzz has some really good options out there. If he is waiting for another suitor, perhaps it would be best for MU to move on. Onto someone who would want to be here, not just settle.

JohnnyRev
06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I most heartily agree. Either Nunn doesn't really want to be at Marquette, in which case, let's move on. Or maybe he's saving face and covering up the fact that Marquette does not want to commit to him right now. Then it is Marquette who is looking for a bigger catch. In either case, I'm not expecting Nunn to be part of our program.

Roy Schmidt
06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
This doesn't sound too promising. Wants Kentucky to "get involved".

http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/nunn-hoping-uk-gets-involved-wants-to-visit-ucla/
Get a kick out of the constant overreaction every time Kentucky is mentioned with a prospective recruit, especially when it is being overblown, as is the case with Nunn. Right now Marquette fans should be more concerned about UCLA (a school Nunn has said for some time he intends to visit) and Illinois.

Markedman
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not overreacting to anything. Just hard to get excited about a kid who you have been recruiting for over a year and believes the sun rises and sets with Kentucky.

I guess I'm just tired of the dance with this kid.....my bet is Buzz is too.

At some point you either want to come or you don't......it's not like this is a make or break recruit for MU.

06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Get a kick out of the constant overreaction every time Kentucky is mentioned with a prospective recruit, especially when it is being overblown, as is the case with Nunn.

Considering Cal's track record, why would it be a surprise? It's like when Man City bids on a player, the price goes up. And like Man City, no one has more money to throw at recruits than UK. I don't even think their fans mind it, just figure it's business as usual and as long as they win titles, no one will mind the transgressions.

bleedbluegold03
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I guess I'm just tired of the dance with this kid.....my bet is Buzz is too.

At some point you either want to come or you don't......it's not like this is a make or break recruit for MU.

completely agree with this. Feels like he's keeping Marquette around just in case he doesn't get a better option from those comments and the insights given by IWB on his thoughts on the new U of I coach and needing t talk to him.

Would love to have him but not willing to be blushing when he picks a better date. I for one am moving on and setting my sights to who Mark allude is a renewed interest for MU: Xavier Rathan-Mayes

Halo
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Deleted-thought it was taken from the Premium site. Sorry about that Sultan.

MUMac
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Get a kick out of the constant overreaction every time Kentucky is mentioned with a prospective recruit, especially when it is being overblown, as is the case with Nunn. Right now Marquette fans should be more concerned about UCLA (a school Nunn has said for some time he intends to visit) and Illinois.

Not an overreaction at all. Further, I do not care if it was Kentucky mentioned or any other university. Markedman's follow up comment addressed my position. I do, though, question the "overblown" in your comment. Here is the quote from Nunn:

“Hopefully Kentucky will get involved,” Nunn said. “Kentucky is a high-major school and they’re what I’m looking for. I want an up-tempo style, a school where I can come in and play and a school that will help me develop.”

If anyone overblew it, it was Nunn himself.

I am more that fine with MU's current commitments and where Buzz stands with others. If Nunn is looking for other pastures - Kentucky, UCLA, Illinois or whomever, so be it. MU will be more than fine.

TheSultan
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Not an overreaction at all. Further, I do not care if it was Kentucky mentioned or any other university. Markedman's follow up comment addressed my position. I do, though, question the "overblown" in your comment. Here is the quote from Nunn:

“Hopefully Kentucky will get involved,” Nunn said. “Kentucky is a high-major school and they’re what I’m looking for. I want an up-tempo style, a school where I can come in and play and a school that will help me develop.”

First off, I must admit I find this comment to be rather sad in a way. It's like the guy at the school dance who wants the hottest chick in school to finally recognize him.

Second, this quote also makes me wonder about his motivations and his mindset. Buzz has shown that he plays an up-tempo style. Buzz has shown that he can develop players. When you go to Kentucky, you very likely view yourself as a one-and-done. And I don't think Nunn is that.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Buzz is moving on at this point, but you never know. Buzz knows more about where we stand than the article indicates

TedBaxter
06-12-2012, 07:49 AM
First off, I must admit I find this comment to be rather sad in a way. It's like the guy at the school dance who wants the hottest chick in school to finally recognize him.

Second, this quote also makes me wonder about his motivations and his mindset. Buzz has shown that he plays an up-tempo style. Buzz has shown that he can develop players. When you go to Kentucky, you very likely view yourself as a one-and-done. And I don't think Nunn is that.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Buzz is moving on at this point, but you never know. Buzz knows more about where we stand than the article indicates

Kendrick is a 16 or 17 year old who just completed his junior year of high school and is being recruited by high major coaches who he has watched on TV since probably the first day he dribbled a basketball. Let him have some fun and if Marquette is his choice, great. If he wants to go somewhere else, Buzz moves on to someone who thinks Marquette is the right fit.

Markedman
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Looks like Duane is a fan of Mr. Nunn

I guess we will see what happens

https://twitter.com/_IGotTheJuice1/status/212574095248850945

Roy Schmidt
06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm not overreacting to anything. Just hard to get excited about a kid who you have been recruiting for over a year and believes the sun rises and sets with Kentucky.I guess I'm just tired of the dance with this kid.....my bet is Buzz is too.

Don't think that is the case with Nunn--he would simply like to see Kentucky recruit him (wouldn't any recruit?). Not saying he is a "make or break recruit" (those are few & far between) but he is pretty damned good.

bleedbluegold03
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
anyone have any idea what this says?

@TheRecruitScoop: An update on 2013 Chicago Meanstreets PG Kendrick Nunn, who was at Marquette yesterday. He's at DePaul today - bit.ly/L3cNeR

Roy Schmidt
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/prepbullseye
Little bit of a surprise--6'2 2013 2G Kendrick Nunn is currently on an unofficial visit to DePaul.

bleedbluegold03
06-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey Roy, if you post over here, we promise not to throw a temper tantrum :D

We'll keep you for as long as you'd like to stay

Roy Schmidt
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey Roy, if you post over here, we promise not to throw a temper tantrum :D

We'll keep you for as long as you'd like to stay
There are no idiots at this board--BIG DIFFERENCE!

06-13-2012, 01:46 PM
There are no idiots at this board--BIG DIFFERENCE!

**Yet**

That's the problem with idiots...they always seem to find a way to show up and spoil the soup.