PDA

View Full Version : Deep Draft

mufan2003
01-05-2017, 02:46 PM
"The NBA Draft isn’t for another five and a half months, but scouting departments across the league have been in full swing evaluating prospects for what could be the best and deepest draft in recent memory."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/gallery/big-board-top-20-nba-draft-prospects-markelle-fultz-malik-monk-010417

Probably the deepest draft since 2014 when the top 3 picks were Wiggins, Parker and Embiid. Can get a good player outside of the lottery. Plus getting Middleton back is like acquiring a good free agent for nothing:

Goose85
01-05-2017, 03:13 PM
The top of the draft has some really good point guards. Thankfully, it does not look like the Bucks will be drafting early.
So with the current make up of the roster, and setting aside the best player available logic, what type of player do the Bucks need to add to the current mix? An outside shooting 2G or SF?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-05-2017, 03:35 PM
In my opinion the need to add a good defensive center and find a way to move Henson and Plumlee. I really like having Monroe with the second unit for when Giannis & Jabari are resting. Other than that, shooting is never bad, and good defenders.

mufan2003
01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
The top of the draft has some really good point guards. Thankfully, it does not look like the Bucks will be drafting early.
So with the current make up of the roster, and setting aside the best player available logic, what type of player do the Bucks need to add to the current mix? An outside shooting 2G or SF?

PG is better off than expected with Brogdon playing as he has and Dellavedova under contract for 3 more years. Monroe will probably not be pursued, unless he took a massive pay cut (not likely). So center would be one area of need to go along with Henson. Otherwise, a player between 6'5" and 6'9" that can play SG, SF, PF with an all-around game but most importantly defend and shoot from the perimeter (to open the lane for Giannis and Parker).

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
With how well Monroe is playing right now the Bucks may be better off seeing what they can get for him in the trade market now. I know it would be hard to move him now as he is a big piece of our second unit, but realistically he isn't going to stick around this off season and you don't want him to walk away for nothing. As exciting as this season is, this team is built for 2-3 years from now.

Goose85
01-06-2017, 10:11 AM
I think the Monroe / Henson combination is working ok, as long as both of them seem ok with their roles. One game Monroe is a better matchup, and other games Henson. The odd man out seems to be Plumlee. I think Monroe has a player option for next year, which I am sure he will exercise, as he unlikely to get the same amount in the open market. Monroe is paid like a star, but is really now a role player. Right now that is ok from a cap perspective.

I too was in the trade Monroe camp, but I am changing my mind now. This team is built around young players, and despite Monroe being just 26, he is a veteran to the young guys. I really liked his comment about taking care of Giannis in his home town over the all star break. That, and other things I've read, really shows there is a real team feel with this group.

I just remember how losing Za Za and Dudley really messed up the team last year, and with all of the positives right now, I'd be hesitant to mix too much up. Now I don't consider Monroe our long term center, but it's working now and I'd keep it rolling so long as there is the all about team concept.