PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Attendance

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-03-2017, 06:03 PM
So it was brought up in another thread about attendance, and I decided to look into things a little more to see if things were picking up as the Bucks season goes on and they continue to show promise. For the season the Bucks are averaging 15,345 a game through 18 games, which is roughly 82% of capacity for the BC. However that number is definitely trending up, to me the breaking point of the season was really when we beat the Cavs, so looking at the attendance through the Cavs game which was the first 10 home games we were sitting at 14,897 or 79.5% capacity. Since that game, we have had 8 home games and have averaged 15,906 (85%), and more specifically in our last 5 we have averaged 16,678 (89%) or an additional 1,781 fans more than we did the first 10 games... that may not seem like much, but that is pretty good for MKE being the smallest market in the league. I would imagine as the season goes on this average will continue to rise because the Bucks are showing promise.

MU/Panther
01-03-2017, 06:35 PM
17,423 for the Bucks vs OKC game. Odd night. Very good crowd.

Goose85
01-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Milwaukee is an interesting city. It seems for the most part people make up their mind early in the season if they will buy tickets. I've seen this over my lifetime with the Brewers.
You better be good early, or it takes a lot for the ticket buying public to jump back in line at the ticket window.

There is a buzz in Milwaukee about the Bucks. Step one is people are watching NBA games on TV. It's been a long time since I looked forward to the next Bucks game.

Glad to hear there are fans starting to show up. I was at the Cavs game and it felt more like a college atmosphere than pro. Of course Lebron was playing.

Hope they can get to the point where we are selling some games out. I really think a good year this season will result in the Bucks being a must ticket next year.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-04-2017, 11:02 AM
From what I hear the OKC game was a similar atmosphere. The BC is a great place to play when there is good games going on, I remember back in the day when the Bucks were rolling with Allen, Robinson, & Cassell the BC was a lot of fun to be at.

mufan2003
01-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the info MKE_GoldenEagleFan. There is a short video on the Bucks website with the players talking about noticing the increased crowd support. Players and coaches always say it really helps. I think Wojo and the MU players noticed it for the Georgetown game as well.

Sporting News ranked the BC the loudest venue in the NBA back in 2001...during the Big 3's run to the Eastern Conference Finals. I was at MU at the time, went to a couple of the playoff games, great times. Milwaukee and the state of Wisconsin are great sports fans, they just want a respectable product if they are going to pay. For too long, the Bucks have been acquiring veterans, just below All-Star level (like Monta Ellis), to be the best player and fight for the 8th seed. Then that veteran player would leave in free agency and it would be back to square one. The Bucks are finally doing it the right way.

Goose85
01-04-2017, 02:17 PM
The Bucks also seem to be pretty good at taking care of those that have supported the team (people that have had season or partial season packages). Pretty reasonable when you compare the prices at numerous other NBA facilities.

I have a friend who has first row second deck seats (partial seasons) and his price per game is far less than my price per game for MU tickets (granted my tickets are in the lower level).

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-04-2017, 06:37 PM
The new 10 win package they put out may help too, pretty creative and fun for fans too!

mufan2003
01-05-2017, 02:38 PM
The new 10 win package they put out may help too, pretty creative and fun for fans too!

http://www.nba.com/bucks/tickets/10-win-superpass

MU/Panther
01-07-2017, 07:51 AM
18,717 vs Knicks, sell-out

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-09-2017, 10:50 AM
15,311 on Sunday against the Wizards, I would say that's pretty good to be close to average on a Sunday that the Packers play.

MU/Panther
01-09-2017, 01:05 PM
15,311 on Sunday against the Wizards, I would say that's pretty good to be close to average on a Sunday that the Packers play. I know the Bucks did a deal to give away free tickets. I don't know how many.

Goose85
01-09-2017, 01:10 PM
I know the Bucks did a deal to give away free tickets. I don't know how many.

Good idea when you are competing with a Packer playoff game. Everything in this state loses when you are up against the Pack.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Now the Bucks are up to averaging 15,500 for the season, this includes the bad crowd for the awkward MLK Day game that was held on a Monday at 2:30 against a bad opponent. They are averaging 16,220 in their last 10 so it appears they are still picking up steam which is good. They have definitely had some frustrating losses recently, but hopefully they can pick it back up.

Goose85
01-17-2017, 02:14 PM
If this team could just get on some kind of a role it would be nice. Every time I think they are about to be in position for a nice run, they hit a bump.
A nice little win streak would be beneficial to an increase in attendance.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Agreed, my hope is with the talk of Middleton being back within the next month or so he will provide a small boost

mufan2003
01-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Agreed, my hope is with the talk of Middleton being back within the next month or so he will provide a small boost

I was surprised to hear last night that he could return before the All-Star break. His recovery/rehab has clearly gone very well. Need to stop losing to teams like Philly at home.

Goose85
01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
I was surprised to hear last night that he could return before the All-Star break. His recovery/rehab has clearly gone very well. Need to stop losing to teams like Philly at home.

I was watching the Bucks game against the Knicks when Giannis hit that game winner. One of the first things I noticed in the celebration was how Middleton came off the bench and ran (I use that term loosely) to the court to join in the celebration. Seemed to me to be a guy that was recovering very well.

've been thinking along the lines of what a nice bit of luck that would be having him come back and giving the team a boost like a trade deadline deal.

mufan2003
01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
I was watching the Bucks game against the Knicks when Giannis hit that game winner. One of the first things I noticed in the celebration was how Middleton came off the bench and ran (I use that term loosely) to the court to join in the celebration. Seemed to me to be a guy that was recovering very well.

've been thinking along the lines of what a nice bit of luck that would be having him come back and giving the team a boost like a trade deadline deal.

Yep. I am sure he will be a bit rusty for a while, but hopefully can work his way back into form after a few weeks. Good timing, because Tony Snell's play has sort of leveled off. He is best suited coming off the bench.

Goose85
01-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Attendance and viewership are up year over year according to this article from the biz journal.
Now we just need to win a few more like the game against Houston last night!

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2017/01/23/giannis-helps-bucks-boost-midseason-attendance-tv.html

mufan2003
01-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Attendance and viewership are up year over year according to this article from the biz journal.
Now we just need to win a few more like the game against Houston last night!

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2017/01/23/giannis-helps-bucks-boost-midseason-attendance-tv.html

Bucks have done well against the best teams in the NBA, and struggled against some of the worst. Interesting analysis in this article:

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-it-doesnt-matter-who-the-bucks-play

mufansince72
01-24-2017, 11:58 PM
I can't figure this team out. They look like world beaters against the good teams, but look like crap on a stick when they play teams they have more talent than. They better kick Philly's butt tomorrow without Embiid.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-25-2017, 06:47 AM
That's the sign of a young team, we are led by a 21 & 22 year old, hell MU has some older players. They will eventually learn to bring it every night.

mufansince72
01-25-2017, 02:21 PM
That's the sign of a young team, we are led by a 21 & 22 year old, hell MU has some older players. They will eventually learn to bring it every night.

I hope so. I'm not much of a Jason Kidd fan.

mufansince72
01-25-2017, 09:34 PM
I can't believe they lost again to the 76ers at home without Embiid.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-25-2017, 09:47 PM
The 76ers have played real well of late, but 1-5 in the last 6 for the Bucks really stings given how easy this stretch was recently. Now they hit the road for a few rough ones.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Keep in mind the Sixers have gone 10-3 in their last 13, and won last night against the Clippers without Embiid also... they are finally starting to get it together, 10-3 is no joke.

mufansince72
01-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Keep in mind the Sixers have gone 10-3 in their last 13, and won last night against the Clippers without Embiid also... they are finally starting to get it together, 10-3 is no joke.

Yes, but the Bucks have too much talent to be losing all of these games. I think Jason Kidd is the issue.

MU/Panther
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM
13,663 last night was the paid crowd.

Goose85
01-26-2017, 01:36 PM
The Bucks keep losing their juice, and the 76ers are not a team people want to come out to see.

Need to get on a run, but I'm not sure this team will do it. Just seem to have lapses in games that teams that get on a win streak don't really have.
We need Middleton and outside shooting.

mufan2003
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
The Bucks keep losing their juice, and the 76ers are not a team people want to come out to see.

Need to get on a run, but I'm not sure this team will do it. Just seem to have lapses in games that teams that get on a win streak don't really have.
We need Middleton and outside shooting.

2 losses to the 76ers at home is inexcusable. The biggest problem with this team is playing down to lesser competition (Philly, Miami, Orlando) and playing well against some of the best teams (Cleveland, Golden State, San Antonio, Houston). As you mention, maybe Middleton will help in making this team more consistent.

MU/Panther
01-29-2017, 07:18 AM
Saturday on 4th Street
Marquette -15,369 (4th biggest crowd in all of college basketball on Saturday)
Admirals- 8,833 (95% capacity)
Bucks- 18,717 (sellout)

mufan2003
01-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Saturday on 4th Street
Marquette -15,369 (4th biggest crowd in all of college basketball on Saturday)
Admirals- 8,833 (95% capacity)
Bucks- 18,717 (sellout)

I am sure the local establishments were also very pleased.