PDA

View Full Version : Can't Help Wondering

Phantom Warrior
01-02-2017, 08:55 PM
It's a moot point, of course, but I can't help wondering what might have been had Duane been available - and 100% - for the Seton hall game, especially at the end of the game.

Duane has shown that he is willing to take the big shots, and he has made a couple of those the past couple of years. He is capable of creating his own shot, either off a pump fake or off a stop-and-pop mid-range jumper.

He is also capable of driving and dishing.

Haanif was doing nothing on offense, and Duane is an experienced vet. Maybe Wojo would have gone to him the last four minutes or so.

We'll never know, of course, but I wonder if moving forward Duane might turn out to be our best option if we need a "go-to" play or two.

Hope he's able to play against Nova.

Goose85
01-03-2017, 08:23 AM
We needed some toughness down the stretch, and he might have been able to provide that for the team.
Wilson is the kind of kid that may miss shots or make a mistake early in the game, but down the stretch he seems to be a gamer.

Djgoldnboy
01-03-2017, 10:39 AM
He's proven before he can be clutch, so would have loved to see him in the game.

Markedman
01-03-2017, 11:24 AM
He wasn't going to help get a rebound off a missed free throw. MU did fine the last 4 minutes big steals by Reinhardt, JJ and Markus....it was the last 20 seconds where things fell apart.

He might have been on the floor when we were down 2 with the ball but I doubt it.

Maybe we will know in the future assuming we are in the same situation again.