PDA

View Full Version : Big One for Seton Hall tonight!

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Monday: 12/12
5:30 - Auburn vs Boston College - FS1 - Joe Davis, Bill Raftery, Shannon Spake
Under Armour Reunion

8:00 - 16 South Carolina vs Seton Hall - FS1 - Joe Davis, Bill Raftery, Shannon Spake
Under Armour Reunion
Line: Seton Hall -2

mufan2003
12-12-2016, 02:29 PM
South Carolina is 8-0 and up to #16 in the AP Poll. Nice opportunity for Seton Hall tonight. Shouldn't hurt with the game being at MSG.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 02:37 PM
South Carolina is 8-0 and up to #16 in the AP Poll. Nice opportunity for Seton Hall tonight. Shouldn't hurt with the game being at MSG.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

We are a FOX league, so I use FOX Sports and CBSSportline.com :cool:
Plus, my stress level has went down since I don't read their crap anymore. Is ESPN still wondering how Washington is in the CFP. :rolleyes:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/polls

Glad you said the games are at MSG. For some reason I thought it was at Barclays Center.

mufan2003
12-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Plus, my stress level has went down since I don't read their crap anymore. Is ESPN still wondering how Washington is in the CFP. :rolleyes:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/polls

Glad you said the games are at MSG. For some reason I thought it was at Barclays Center.

I hear ya. I think it is old habit when it comes to looking up the rankings. The good thing, ESPN seems to have waved the white flag when it comes to trying to delegitimize the new Big East (from articles and on-air analysis complimenting the league). Still, I only watch ESPN if there is a specific sporting event I am interested in.

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 03:17 PM
I hear ya. I think it is old habit when it comes to looking up the rankings. The good thing, ESPN seems to have waved the white flag when it comes to trying to delegitimize the new Big East (from articles and on-air analysis complimenting the league). Still, I only watch ESPN if there is a specific sporting event I am interested in. It's funny the thing that broke this camels back was when Myron Medcalf was talking about Marquette last year or two years ago. He said that Marquette is still at playing in US Cellular Arena, among other things that lacked fact checking. That was the last straw for me when you have other websites and has better writers that is fair and balanced.

I'm with you, I really only watch live sporting events on the WWL. ESPN does many good things, like Jimmy V Week is great, but when when TV ratings blinds them for viewing in what is really going on in the field or court, seems like all bets are off many times.

Goose85
12-12-2016, 03:32 PM
It's funny the thing that broke this camels back was when Myron Medcalf was talking about Marquette last year or two years ago. He said that Marquette is still at playing in US Cellular Arena, among other things that lacked fact checking. That was the last straw for me when you have other websites and has better writers that is fair and balanced.

I'm with you, I really only watch live sporting events on the WWL. ESPN does many good things, like Jimmy V Week is great, but when when TV ratings blinds them for viewing in what is really going on in the field or court, seems like all bets are off many times.

Other than live sports, I do like College Football Gameday, and the 30 for 30 series. I also listen to Mike and Mike on my drive to work.

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Other than live sports, I do like College Football Gameday, and the 30 for 30 series. I also listen to Mike and Mike on my drive to work.

Good point, College Football Gameday is good. Many of that goes because of Lee Corso. The basketball gameday is getting bad. No preview or picks of hoops games, other than like 3 games.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-12-2016, 05:10 PM

I tried for awhile, but ESPN has a much more user-friendly website (at least on desktop). I really wish someone else would come up with a better sports platform, but ESPN's website is simply really well designed.

Markedman
12-12-2016, 05:19 PM
The 30 for 30 Catholics vs Convicts segment last night was fascinating. I had forgotten about all that went into that rivalry.

Lou Holtz is/was quite a character.

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I tried for awhile, but ESPN has a much more user-friendly website (at least on desktop). I really wish someone else would come up with a better sports platform, but ESPN's website is simply really well designed.
Funny, I dislike the new ESPN format. I personally like CBS Sportline.com.

CaribouJim
12-12-2016, 08:03 PM

I would have loved if FS1 stole Bob Ley when his contract was expiring - I rarely miss Outside the Lines - great journalism IMO and they don't back down about exposing some of ugly side of sports - much of it where they are the content provider.

I rarely miss the Sports Reporters as well although stomaching Mike Lupica is tough to swallow. I posted this before, but I had an older brother who graduated from BC in '73 and had a couple classes with him - he was a self-loving $%^&head even back then.

mufan2003
12-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Funny, I dislike the new ESPN format. I personally like CBS Sportline.com.

I think the FOX Sports mobile app is very good, usually what I use to follow games on my phone. ESPN's mobile website has declined in quality.

12-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Seton Hall struggling at the half. Every time they look ready to get back in, the Gamecocks have an answer. South Carolina looks legit.

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Georgetown's Isaac Copeland will transfer, per school. Had seen his role decrease lately. Highly touted recruit.

mufan2003
12-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Here come the Pirates...

Markedman
12-12-2016, 09:49 PM
My dream is for Theo John or Eke to become Angel Delgado......I don't even care which 1.

MU/Panther
12-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Huge win for Seton Hall in another great game at MSG!

12-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Great win for the Hall, taking down the undefeated Gamecocks. Hall brought it in the second half. Potential tying three-quarter court three bounced out at the buzzer. Fun game to watch. They're going to be a tough out for us again, Delgado isn't going to be any easier for us to contain.

Phantom Warrior
12-13-2016, 01:10 AM
SHU doesn't have a single senior scholarship player on the roster, and my guess is all the key components come back next year. The Pirates could be a Final Four team next year.

By the way, SHU almost got royally screwed in this game with that foul call on Powell. That could have been a four-point swing.

DCwarrior
12-13-2016, 06:59 AM
I watched most of the 2nd half last night and it was a really fun game to watch. I was impressed with both teams. SHU is a tough, physical and talented team.

The one area SHU has to improve on and could become a huge Achilles heel against good teams and especially come March is their free throw shooting. With as many tight games as you play in conference and in the tournament, you simply have to be able to knock down free throws at a high clip.

MU/Panther
12-13-2016, 08:11 AM
https://twitter.com/FS1/status/808489039305129984

https://twitter.com/FS1/status/808529350635048960

MUBasketball
12-13-2016, 10:09 AM
By the way, SHU almost got royally screwed in this game with that foul call on Powell. That could have been a four-point swing.

That was one of the worst calls you'll ever see. I couldn't believe it. A totally clean steal and the guy grabbed him by the shoulder/neck as he was about to have a breakaway the other direction. And Powell gets called for the foul! Horrible.

MUwarrior1090
12-13-2016, 11:23 AM
SHU doesn't have a single senior scholarship player on the roster, and my guess is all the key components come back next year. The Pirates could be a Final Four team next year.

Even more frustrating at the time when you took SHU -2.5 :D

MU/Panther
12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Seton Hall jump like 30 spots in the RPI.

MayorBeluga
12-13-2016, 02:00 PM
https://twitter.com/FS1/status/808489039305129984

https://twitter.com/FS1/status/808529350635048960

Didn't see the games, so thanks for the links. I think the most impressive part was that South Carolina didn't call their final timeout after SHU scored. Even thought USC didn't score, the players looked like they knew what the coaches wanted them to do.

Markedman
12-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Good win for SH......able to take advantage of playing SC without their best player.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-mens-basketball/article118814998.html