PDA

View Full Version : St. John's Sima to Transfer

Goose85
12-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Yankuba Sima from St. John's announced he will transfer.

Started 8 of 10 games this season.

Article from zagsblog

http://www.zagsblog.com/2016/12/09/6-foot-11-yankuba-sima-transfer-st-johns/

MUBasketball
12-12-2016, 08:10 AM
I'd guess he's sick of his coach standing on the sidelines (or sitting on the scorer's table) with his hands in his pockets. Loss to LIU-Brooklyn yesterday after already losing to Delaware State. I know LoVett is out with an injury, but just an inexcusable set of losses already. Wasted talent. Mullin looks completely disinterested.

MUAlphaBangura
12-12-2016, 08:42 AM
I'd guess he's sick of his coach standing on the sidelines (or sitting on the scorer's table) with his hands in his pockets. Loss to LIU-Brooklyn yesterday after already losing to Delaware State. I know LoVett is out with an injury, but just an inexcusable set of losses already. Wasted talent. Mullin looks completely disinterested.

Perry Clark clone? Mayor? Father Dan? Could he be the next in line?????

TheSultan
12-12-2016, 08:42 AM
One of my fears was when Mullin took the job he had to be talked into it. His tenure is reminding me of Clyde Drexler's coaching career with Houston - an alum hired for his name who just doesn't seem to want to put the work in.

DCwarrior
12-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Assuming Mullin leaves after this year, St. John's should put the full-court press on and hire whichever Hurley brother says yes first.

MUBasketball
12-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Assuming Mullin leaves after this year, St. John's should put the full-court press on and hire whichever Hurley brother says yes first.

It's risky because he's 66 (I think?), but Bob McKillop would be a terrific hire. He's from Queens. Outstanding coach. I thought Larranaga was too old when Miami hired him but they hit the jackpot.

TedBaxter
12-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Wasn't Mark Jackson interested initially?

DCwarrior
12-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Wasn't Mark Jackson interested initially?

I think he was, but like Mullin, he's an NBA guy. I would stay away from him and hire someone with East Coast roots who knows the high school / AAU scene in that area.

MUBasketball
12-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Did anybody see their game with Tulane? At one point, the announcers said Mullin told them he's old school and just likes to be on the floor with his team and doesn't really watch any film. I couldn't believe it!

Every single timeout it's St. Jean sitting next to him running the huddle while Mullin just sits there and chimes in a few words now and then. Abdelmasih is his recruiting coach. Sounds like the majority of Mullin's recruiting is just going to local high schools.

Seriously, I think he just thought his big name in the area would bring kids flocking into his program and they'd be talented enough to win on their own. It's comical watching them play. I have no clue what he does.

Totally agree about Clyde Drexler. Feels and looks like the exact same situation.

TheSultan
12-12-2016, 02:39 PM

I would go with Dan. Not sure about Bobby yet.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-12-2016, 05:18 PM
I would go with Dan. Not sure about Bobby yet.

+1

Dan would be a great hire. Not even sure SJU could get Bobby away from Arizona State, but if they broke the bank, I could see Dan leaving URI for them.