PDA

View Full Version : Updated Predictions after 25%

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-08-2016, 09:07 AM
So now that we are essentially 25% of the way through the season I am interested to see what everyone's thoughts are. I have been pretty impressed as I thought the loss of Middleton would essentially make this another down season, but the Bucks have played fairly well. Now it has been a heavy home schedule to date (13 at home, 7 on the road), and they have dropped some games that they probably should have won, but overall they have also won some they maybe shouldn't have, and have played close in almost all of them. I am actually very optimistic on this team as I think they will only continue to improve. My update prediction for the season would be 43-39 which should be good enough to get them as a 7 or 8 see this season. Curious what others think.

mufan2003
12-08-2016, 03:16 PM
So now that we are essentially 25% of the way through the season I am interested to see what everyone's thoughts are. I have been pretty impressed as I thought the loss of Middleton would essentially make this another down season, but the Bucks have played fairly well. Now it has been a heavy home schedule to date (13 at home, 7 on the road), and they have dropped some games that they probably should have won, but overall they have also won some they maybe shouldn't have, and have played close in almost all of them. I am actually very optimistic on this team as I think they will only continue to improve. My update prediction for the season would be 43-39 which should be good enough to get them as a 7 or 8 see this season. Curious what others think.

I think that is a pretty solid prediction. Giannis and Jabari have been even better than I thought they would be at this point. In addition, there is more outside shooting than I thought there would be. Dellavedova and Teletovic were a given...but getting Snell for MCW was big and Brogdon has shown he can hit the 3 in addition to being a steal as a 2nd round pick. Can see why Brogdon was ACC player of the year and defensive player of the year as a senior. Henson has been good defensively as the starting center with Monroe being a nice offensive option off the bench.

The wild card...Khris Middleton. Could he return to practicing in March and then rejoin the team in April for the last few games and playoffs? Parker has never played in a playoff game and Giannis has played in 6 games against the Bulls. The 2 cornerstones need playoff experience, and I think if they could get the #5 or #6 seed are capable of pulling off an upset in the first round against Charlotte, Chicago or Atlanta. Cleveland and Toronto look to be the 2 best teams in the East.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I think they will struggle to get a 5 seed, but if they can slightly overachieve on my prediction a 6 seed isn't out of reach. Over half of their remaining games are against teams currently at or below .500, so they have some opportunity. With that said they will have to be on the road a lot more than they have so who knows. Brogdon has been a huge pickup, and looks like he could be a solid 3D PG for the future. Certainly never a star, but perfect complimentary guy for Giannis & Jabari. I won't lie, I really like what the Bucks have here once Middleton gets back. Yes they need to find a way to do something at the 5 spot, but everywhere else they have a nice team, and all of this is mentioning nothing of Thon Maker... if he can develop into anything this team could be VERY scary in 2-3 years.

Goose85
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I think we will be battling around the .500 mark all year, so with that thought I'll go 42-40.

I really hope that is enough to get them into the playoffs as I agree with MUFan2003, these guys could use some playoff experience.

Like every projected draft, if you aren't in the top 4 or 5, is there really much difference in the draft between getting in as the 8 seed, or just missing. If that is the case, bring on the 8 seed.

mufansince72
12-10-2016, 01:02 AM
I'm concerned with not being able to finish some of these games like the Spurs earlier in the week, and then blowing the game tonight against Atlanta when they had a 20 point lead.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-10-2016, 11:15 AM
That is a sign of a young team, hopefully they will learn, that's the one thing Giannis is missing right now for me to consider him a superstar, he needs to be able to close at the end of games.

Goose85
12-14-2016, 01:52 PM
What a difference a week makes. Was positive on the Bucks, thinking we were a playoff team at the 25% mark in the season. Now, I am starting to think about lottery pick.
Let's get lucky with the ping pong balls and get Lonzo Ball. Ok, we would have to be really lucky with the ping pong balls for that to happen.

mufan2003
12-15-2016, 12:47 PM
What a difference a week makes. Was positive on the Bucks, thinking we were a playoff team at the 25% mark in the season. Now, I am starting to think about lottery pick.
Let's get lucky with the ping pong balls and get Lonzo Ball. Ok, we would have to be really lucky with the ping pong balls for that to happen.

Plenty of talent in this draft, very deep. If the Bucks miss the playoffs, it will not be by much, likely slotting them at pick #13 or #14 unless they get lucky with a Top 3 pick (highly unlikely). If they get the 7th or 8th seed...they will likely be picking 15th, 16th or 17th. Being out of the Top 10 either way, I am hoping they make the playoffs and get experience.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
I absolutely agree, we have the talent we need, right now we need experience. Getting Khris Middleton back next season will be better than any rookie we could add.

Goose85
12-16-2016, 11:10 AM
I would prefer the playoffs too. Need that experience and to get some positive momentum going for the franchise.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-16-2016, 10:20 PM
Nice back to back with the Bulls, didn't expect them to come out 2-0... now on to a back to back with Cleveland. As it stands tonight the Bucks would be a 5 seed, the East is just not very good this year, sure someone will get hot outside of Toronto and Cleveland, but why not us?

mufan2003
12-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Great win @ Chicago. A fun team to watch right now.

Goose85
01-03-2017, 09:36 AM
A pretty good win over OKC yesterday. Puts the Bucks over the .500 mark.
Another back to back series with games Tuesday and Friday v. the Knicks.

I have no idea what the ratings are, but over the weekend I was talking to some big hoop fans that never watch the NBA, and they said they have been watching the Bucks this year.

As MUFan20013 said, this is a fun team to watch, and a team that is building for the future. Keep it rolling and continue to build interest / excitement.

mufan2003
01-03-2017, 04:04 PM
A pretty good win over OKC yesterday. Puts the Bucks over the .500 mark.
Another back to back series with games Tuesday and Friday v. the Knicks.

I have no idea what the ratings are, but over the weekend I was talking to some big hoop fans that never watch the NBA, and they said they have been watching the Bucks this year.

As MUFan20013 said, this is a fun team to watch, and a team that is building for the future. Keep it rolling and continue to build interest / excitement.

Next 3 games are very winnable. Wednesday @ NY, Friday home against NY and home against the Wizards on Sunday. Bucks should move up Sunday's game from 2:30pm to 1:00pm or 1:30pm to accommodate the Packers playoff game.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Next 3 games are very winnable. Wednesday @ NY, Friday home against NY and home against the Wizards on Sunday. Bucks should move up Sunday's game from 2:30pm to 1:00pm or 1:30pm to accommodate the Packers playoff game.

The Bucks announced they have moved the game time to 1 PM CT

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-03-2017, 05:22 PM
I saw an article yesterday that said all of the advanced metrics say that the Bucks have been performing significantly better than their record, and given their +/- numbers right now, there have been 4 teams in the past 4 seasons that have finished with a +3.3 net rating (what the Bucks have right now), and their records were:

Hornets (2015-16) - 48-34
Bulls (2014-15) - 50-32
Suns (2013-14) - 48-34
Rockets (2012-13) - 47-35

The article also pointed to some teams that historically had + net ratings but their record didn't reflect it in the early season, but said that in all cases the teams tended to revert to the mean, which means the Bucks should, if they continue to play at this pace, begin to get north of .500