PDA

View Full Version : Game Situation C

Phantom Warrior
12-08-2016, 12:54 AM
We are ahead by one point. The opposing team has just turned the ball over with 29 seconds left. We call a time out.

Which five players to you want on the court?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Rowsey, Cheatham, Johnson, Reinhardt, Fischer

All good free throw shooters, and all guys I trust not to turn the ball over.

warriorfan4life
12-08-2016, 07:44 AM
I'd swap Howard for Johnson in that line-up. He is perfect from the line like Reinhardt, and most of his turnovers have come from out of control drives to the basket (which is not a likely scenario here). Howard protected the ball well in this situation in the Fresno State and calmly sunk his two free throws.

pbiflyer
12-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Fischer? Replace him with Sam. Better free throw shooter.

warriorfan4life
12-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Fischer? Replace him with Sam. Better free throw shooter.

Also a good call. Hauser should eventually be an 80% or better free throw shooter with his form and touch.

MUFAN2010
12-08-2016, 12:19 PM
I would maybe go with that lineup with 10 seconds remaining, but with 29, it is tough. With all the trouble we had against Fresno State, we might need Traci to get the ball across half court.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-08-2016, 02:06 PM
That's a lot of time left and I'm also thinking about the defensive turnaround. I'll take Johnson over Howard for defense, especially as he's the most likely player to be able to force a turnover. Same goes for the Hauser/Luke situation. The ball should only get into Luke's hands on a putback attempt, not a deliberate attempt to draw fouls. On the defensive end, I'd prefer Luke's shot-altering ability in such a close game.

As far as Hauser, he went 1/2 a couple times the other night. I love the kid, but he's not one of my first choices at the line at this point. I trust the vets in this scenario now.