PDA

View Full Version : Khris Middleton

mufan2003
11-28-2016, 02:43 PM
"I think I'll be back at some point this season," Middleton said. “When? I just don’t know yet."

Note sure if management would let him, but who knows?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/40236/nba-rumor-central-could-khris-middleton-return-this-season

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I think it really depends how the season goes. If we are in the hunt for the playoffs he could be a nice late addition. Obviously you would want to make sure they don't rush it as it's not worth jeopardizing reinjury, but if he is fully healed by late March why not?

mufan2003
12-25-2016, 02:32 PM
I missed this update a few days ago with the busyness of Christmas. Middleton says he plans to return, hopefully around the All-Star break. Seems ambitious, but if 100%, would be great!

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2016/12/22/middleton-eyes-return-bucks-lineup-season/95732122/

Goose85
12-27-2016, 08:41 AM
If he can come back at that time, and be close to 100% where he doesn't have to constantly have injury in the back of his mind, then that could be huge for the Bucks and not only a push for the playoffs, but even a round 1 chance as long as they are not a 7 or 8 seed.

mufan2003
12-28-2016, 01:40 PM
If he can come back at that time, and be close to 100% where he doesn't have to constantly have injury in the back of his mind, then that could be huge for the Bucks and not only a push for the playoffs, but even a round 1 chance as long as they are not a 7 or 8 seed.

Yes. The 6th seed would be good (although the playoffs are no sure thing either). Avoid Cleveland and Toronto in the first round, and with the 6th seed, a first round upset would have the Bucks likely facing Toronto and not Cleveland in the 2nd round.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-28-2016, 09:16 PM
At the end of the day they aren't gonna be good enough even with Middleton to get out of the East, the goal right now is to get playoff experience and continue to improve so that next year and beyond they can contend as the Cavs age some.

mufan2003
12-28-2016, 10:49 PM
At the end of the day they aren't gonna be good enough even with Middleton to get out of the East, the goal right now is to get playoff experience and continue to improve so that next year and beyond they can contend as the Cavs age some.

Certainly not winning the East. Yet in looking at the loss column, which is what truly matters, there is little separation among teams 3 to 9 with a lot of season remaining. More playoff games are better than less. A first round win is more realistic at 4, 5 or 6 than at 7 or 8.

Goose85
12-30-2016, 09:06 AM
I would think a goal is not being a 7 or 8 seed. That way they can get playoff experience they need, and have a chance in the first series.
Cleveland and Toronto and then everyone else in the East.

If the Bucks can show they are a team of the future, then they might have a chance at adding a free agent piece that could put them in position to make the first couple years in the new arena really exciting.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-31-2016, 12:59 PM
They have to start closing games. Lots of blown 4th quarter leads. Yes it's the sign of a young team, but they are gonna struggle if they can't close.