Line: Michigan State -7

6:30 - Georgetown vs. Oklahoma State, ESPN2 - Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas
Maui Invitational 3rd place
Line: Oklahoma State -2.5

7:00 - Missouri State @ DePaul, FSN -Brandon Gaudin, Stephen Bardo
Line: Missouri State -1.5

Markedman
11-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Nuke was right.....St John's looks much improved. Long, tough and athletic at almost every position. Got some 3 point shooters too. Still play out of control and wild at times but they are going to be tough for us I think.

Red Storm up 27-26 on MSU.

Although both teams shooting badly so far

Markedman
11-23-2016, 07:07 PM
Hoyas down 33-21......they look bad.

Gato78
11-23-2016, 07:26 PM
JTIII has to go. Whenever we think we have it bad...

Markedman
11-23-2016, 07:29 PM
Lovett plays kind of like DJO......he is impressive

MU/Panther
11-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Oklahoma State 71 Georgetown 54, 10 minutes left
Missouri State 31 DePaul 22 halftime
Villanova 63 Charleston 47 Final
Michigan State 73 St. John's 62 Final

warriorfan4life
11-23-2016, 08:17 PM

The one reason I would disagree with you on that is Tremont Waters. I think that a quality point guard will do a world of good for this group. If JTIII did not have a stud point guard like Waters coming in, then I would agree that it is time to move on. However, there is just enough there otherwise that I believe in sticking with JTIII one more year after this (and if that goes south, make a change).

mufan2003
11-23-2016, 08:24 PM

Yes. The Georgetown brand is being wasted. He is not building a program like Wojo. Georgetown struggles with so many of the basic fundamentals of the game. I would imagine there will be a long list of coaches wanting to live in the DC area, raise a family and coach at Georgetown. Stop settling for JT3 because of the father's legacy.

Gato78
11-23-2016, 08:31 PM
JTIII has had tons of talent over the years and has done almost nothing with that talent. This is not a sudden bump in the road. They have more talent than we do and many MU fans are on Wojo's case. Having seen some Georgetown home games this year, it looks like the fanbase is making a statement.

mufan2003
11-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Against Wisconsin, at one point, Wisconsin had 16 offensive rebounds to Georgetown's 1. Despite all of the size on Georgetown (Hayes 7', Govan 6'10", Agau 6'8", Copeland 6'9"). Not to mention Pryor and Peak who are both around 6'5", athletic and should be able to rebound as well. If I were a Georgetown fan......

MU/Panther
11-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Billy Garrett Jr with a buzzer beater. 68-66

warriorfan4life
11-23-2016, 10:57 PM
JTIII has had tons of talent over the years and has done almost nothing with that talent. This is not a sudden bump in the road. They have more talent than we do and many MU fans are on Wojo's case. Having seen some Georgetown home games this year, it looks like the fanbase is making a statement.

They are staring three out of four years of no NCAA's, but JTIII had a really nice run before that. In his first ten years at Georgetown, they were a protected seed in the NCAA Tournament six times. Not as much tournament success as you would want with those seedings, but that's still a really consistent run of high level regular season play.

Now, if they are this inconsistent next year, I will embrace the calls for his job. However, I really believe that landing Tremont Waters will turn out to be program saving.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Now, if they are this inconsistent next year, I will embrace the calls for his job. However, I really believe that landing Tremont Waters will turn out to be program saving.

Disagree 100%. You never keep a bad coach because he could land one good recruit. Coaches like Josh Pastner and Steve Lavin didn't become good coaches because they got a few good players. More often, those players left or didn't work out as expected.

warriorfan4life
11-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Disagree 100%. You never keep a bad coach because he could land one good recruit. Coaches like Josh Pastner and Steve Lavin didn't become good coaches because they got a few good players. More often, those players left or didn't work out as expected.

See, my argument is that JTIII is really not a bad coach (at least at that level), but rather a good coach with mismatched personnel. They have struggled since Markel Starks graduated (not a stud, but pretty decent college point guard), but JTIII's first eleven years on the job were very successful (despite some tourney disappointments). I understand that it has become chic to hate on JTIII (in large part because of the tourney disappointments and recent struggles), but I would gladly take a chance that JTIII wins with Waters, Mosely, Copeland, Derrickson, and Govan instead of losing potentially most/all of those players to a coaching change.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-24-2016, 06:54 PM
But he's been responsible for the roster makeup of the past four years. The past four years include the three worst defensive efficiency ratings since his first year at Georgetown. During that span are also the three lowest eFG% rankings of his tenure. I don't know what exactly has went wrong. I only watch a handful of Georgetown games. Regardless, the idea that one recruit will fix what ails them, especially in the long term, seems short sighted.

Markedman
11-25-2016, 12:45 PM
They look lost......he is trying to completely change his style of coaching on the fly.....the result looks like street ball.

They have lots of talent.....if they figure it out they can be tough.....not sure if they will.