PDA

View Full Version : Personnel Decisions

mufan2003
11-14-2016, 01:15 PM
It sure looks like John Hammond and Justin Zanik are back to making final decisions on personnel. It was rumored that Kidd (1) pushed for MCW in the Brandon Knight trade, (2) wanted Greivis Vasquez instead of the Lakers protected 1st round draft pick, and (3) wanted Tyler Ennis. In the last year, the Bucks have traded or let walk all 3.

Since then, the Bucks seem to have been making all the right moves. Maker was selected as a project. Brogdon has been a steal as a 2nd round pick. Teletovic and Dellavedova have been good, yet underrated acquisitions. Ennis for Beasley and MCW for Tony Snell have both been net gains for the Bucks. Hopefully Kidd sticks to coaching, and while giving input, the final say is with Hammond and Zanik.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-14-2016, 09:48 PM
If Maker can turn out to be any sort of rotational player the Bucks could have a really solid core for the next few years. Obviously Giannis and Jabari will be the stars, but Middleton is a great 3rd wheel, Brogdon and Delladova could be great 3D role players, Monroe seems to be fitting in much better this year, and Beasley appears to be a nice spark off the bench.

mufansince72
11-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Doesn't much matter. Kidd is by far the worst coach in the NBA. What is up with playing Monroe 7 minutes last night, and a dnp tonight. That ought to really help his trade value.

Jimmy Lemke
11-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Doesn't much matter. Kidd is by far the worst coach in the NBA. What is up with playing Monroe 7 minutes last night, and a dnp tonight. That ought to really help his trade value.

Perhaps he's trying to just win the games? I mean, at some point it's gotta be about winning the games and not setting up the next personnel move.

Jimmy Lemke
11-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Perhaps he's trying to just win the games? I mean, at some point it's gotta be about winning the games and not setting up the next personnel move.

mufansince72
11-18-2016, 10:18 AM

If he was trying to win games, there would be some logic to his rotations. Players would know their roles. Unless your name is Giannis or Jabari, I don't think anyone on that team knows if and when they will play.