PDA

View Full Version : OT: Women's Soccer team going to BE Final

MUWhistler
11-05-2016, 09:23 AM
MU women beat St. John's yesterday afternoon on a goal in OT (check out the video in the link below)! That means they will play for the the Big East championship tomorrow on FS1 at 1pm (plenty of time before the Packer game starts). Go MU!

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/110416aaa.html

Phantom Warrior
11-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Markus Roeders is a terrific coach. I got to know him many years ago. He is exactly the kind of coach, and the kind of person, every athlete should have the privelege of working with. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Markus.

pbiflyer
11-06-2016, 02:32 PM
So, did we win? Our page shows we did, the BigEast shows we didn't, but they have the logos wrong.

milkbone
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
The score I see is MU losing 2-0

pbiflyer
11-06-2016, 03:16 PM
The score I see is MU losing 2-0

They must have updated it. Thanks!

CaribouJim
11-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Saw the last 35 minutes or so of the game. There was a brief interruption in the game while a medical helicopter landed in lot right next to the field - first time I saw that although based upon the announcer's calm observation, must happen every now and then.

Was hoping for another rally, but no such luck!

MUWhistler
11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Georgetown was the better team on Sunday and they deserved the win. They controlled the tempo of the game and had much better chances than we did. Still good that we made it to the conference final!

On a good note, we have made the NCAA tourney and will play Bucky in the 1st round! Game will be in Madison sometime Fri-Sun this week. Here is hoping we can beat the evil rodents in this sport as well! :)

MUAlphaBangura
11-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Not holding out too much hope for a win vs Bucky. I know it was a while ago, but watched the women play Bucky in an early season exhibition match, and they were completely outmatched. Seemed like Bucky had 2 extra players the whole game. Their quickness was superior and appeared to win rather easily. Hope we have improved as the season has progressed.