PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

Phantom Warrior
10-23-2016, 12:07 AM
If Luke needs to come out due to foul problems, might Wojo decide to go without a traditional 5 and simply play 5-out instead of replacing Luke with Matt?

Maybe Sam can handle the 5 at times the same way Lazar did his senior year and Jae did at times.

I can envision a line up with Traci or Markus at point, Rowsey or Duane at the 3 and two of the following - JJ, Haanif, or Katin - along with Sam as the nominal 5.

We could put five perimeter players on the court and really stretch the opponent's defense. Whoever the other team's center is would have to come out and guard Sam at the arc or leave him open for good looks from trey territory.

On defense we could run a 1-3-1, much like Xavier does, or settle for a match-up zone, the kind Chaney used to run at Temple in the distant past or Minnesota many moons ago.

Curious what others think.

DCwarrior
10-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Unless the opponent is playing a very small lineup w/out a traditional big, I don't envision Wojo not having either Luke or Matt on the floor. We're going to get killed on the boards enough even with one of them on the floor.

CaribouJim
10-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Matt is my pick as this season's non-freshman to exceed expectations.

warriorfan4life
10-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Matt is my pick as this season's non-freshman to exceed expectations.

Matt looks to be tracking very nicely for what the program needs him to be (solid reserve this year, dependable starter at the 5 the next two years).

Djgoldnboy
11-01-2016, 12:20 PM
It's the year of Heldt-er Skelter!! He plays hungry.

Nukem2
11-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Heldt apparently stated in the Dayton scrimmage. Will Wojo start Matt to avoid early quick fouls on Luke?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-01-2016, 01:19 PM
I am wondering if Luke and Matt will be able to play together. I recall Matt had range out to the arc in high school, even if he could hit a face up 15-footer he might be able to play the 4 offensively, and defensively it would give two big defenders, especially in a zone. Sounds like Wojo alluded to this possibility at the ticket holders scrimmage. Doubt it'd be a big minute option, but could be a nice 5-10 minute changeup.

Nukem2
11-01-2016, 03:32 PM
I am wondering if Luke and Matt will be able to play together. I recall Matt had range out to the arc in high school, even if he could hit a face up 15-footer he might be able to play the 4 offensively, and defensively it would give two big defenders, especially in a zone. Sounds like Wojo alluded to this possibility at the ticket holders scrimmage. Doubt it'd be a big minute option, but could be a nice 5-10 minute changeup.
More likely a situational thing.