PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's Open Practice

Gato78
10-22-2016, 09:04 AM
A very nice event and hoops directed rather than the hoopla of Madness. They played a "regular" practice and Wojo narrated. Sam looked very good, nailing a lot of threes, especially early. Seemed to tire a bit as it went on. It was the second practice of the day. Marcus Howard has a great first step and has a nice shot, seems particularly accurate at FT line. He is short and that could cause difficulty. His matchup with Traci Carter was really fun to watch--they are in a battle for the pg position and they are getting after it. Marcus played some tough D on Traci, making it tough for him to operate. Reinhardt was not as good as I expected he would be. He moves ball to right hand when attacking hoop when left handed shot is needed and did not shoot three well. He may be the odd man out based on what I saw. I still think almost everyone discounts Swaggy. He is solid. Heldt has lost alll the body fat and is in better shape but still seems uncoordinated. Needs to grow into his body. I looked to see who was rebounding as it is clear that is going to be a problem this year. After Luke (and Heldt) who will earn time with rebounding? Not sure I know who at this point will have that honor but I would not count out Sandy Cohen.

IrwinFletcher
10-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the update. By all accounts this seems to have been a great event. Over 1,100 people which is a good sign.

Glad to hear Markus and Traci battling it out for PT. Will make both of them better.

Did we ever hear anything official about Duane's injury last year? If healthy, he could be a huge difference for this team.

Nukem2
10-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Agree with Gato's comments. Traci was very good last night and is likely the starting PG. Rowsey and Reinhardt were rater disappointing. Sam is just so smooooth but still tough. Cohen had a good evening while Haanif and JJ were rather quiet. Duane quietly had a very nice outing. Luke was struggling a bit and neither he or Matt were really rebounding much. Consistent rebounding is going to be a concern.

MU/Panther
10-22-2016, 12:27 PM
This event was excellent last night. The size of the crowd was shocking to many. Remember the days of the fish fry/ haunted hooos scrimmage of 200 people at the Al. The half court shot with the crowd at the end was a fun touch.

As for the "hoopla of madness" comment. What hoopla? Madness needs to deside what it wants to be because it has gotten so stale with two new coaches. No hype! Is this a pep rally or a scrimmage.