PDA

View Full Version : Article about coaches who never played in college

Markedman
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
IWB...Any guesses as to who Crean is refering to here?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8011917/some-top-coaches-prove-play-high-level-coach-one-men-college-basketball

IWB
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I asked and didn't get a straight answer. A funny answer though.

My guess would be someone from Louisville or Cincy? Maybe a Roy Bright? Erik Murray? Jerry Smith? Juan Palacios? David Padgett?

MUMac
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I asked and didn't get a straight answer. A funny answer though.

My guess would be someone from Louisville or Cincy? Maybe a Roy Bright? Erik Murray? Jerry Smith? Juan Palacios? David Padgett?

It would have had to have been late '90's or early 2000's to be more than 10 years ago. I was trying to think who that would be. The ones you mention would be more recent than that, I believe. Reese Gaines, maybe?

ziggysfryboy
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Brian Butch?

MUMac
06-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Brian Butch?

I thought that as well. My Gaines guess is wrong. He never red shirted. My first thought was Wesley Green, but he was more recent and if memory serves, MU may have taken a pass on him. I think you are right on Butch. His 1st year, after the redshirt, he played less than 10 minutes per game and scored about 3 or so.

TheSultan
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I thought that as well. My Gaines guess is wrong. He never red shirted. My first thought was Wesley Green, but he was more recent and if memory serves, MU may have taken a pass on him. I think you are right on Butch. His 1st year, after the redshirt, he played less than 10 minutes per game and scored about 3 or so.

Yeah, but UW beat MU more than they lost during Butch's tenure. I was trying to think back if we lost a recruit to Huggins at Cincy or Romar at SLU during that time.