PDA

View Full Version : French

Phantom Warrior
09-30-2016, 11:54 PM
I get the impression that some posters either think or assume that MU is in the lead for French. I'm curious why that it is, if, in fact, some posters feel that way.

He is apparently visiting SLU this week, and I am guessing that the Billikens' staff will let him know that he is their top target.

I have no idea what French is thinking, but I will not be at all surprised if he ends up somewhere else.

Nukem2
10-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Probably more in the nature of wishful thinking than believing MU is in the lead. We shall see. Just never know in recruiting.

TheSultan
10-01-2016, 11:12 AM
I think some people simply assume we will win a recruiting battle with SLU. But I'm with you, it may not happen.

IWB
10-01-2016, 04:30 PM
In the final days of the Tillman recruitment a poster asked me about Tillman vs French. I said that Tillman may be the better player, but French may be more of what MU needs. He could be a key pickup if MU can land him.

pbiflyer
10-01-2016, 07:30 PM
In the final days of the Tillman recruitment a poster asked me about Tillman vs French. I said that Tillman may be the better player, but French may be more of what MU needs. He could be a key pickup if MU can land him.

Could you expand on that? Are you just talking the seeming toughness that French has?

Nukem2
10-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Could you expand on that? Are you just talking the seeming toughness that French has?
French has better length and a high motor.

IWB
10-02-2016, 10:21 AM

Exactly - MU needs someone with a certain kind of toughness.

warriorfan4life
10-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Exactly - MU needs someone with a certain kind of toughness.

Ted and I both had French at the top of our wish lists once the September visits were announced. Along with needing French's toughness, multi-position defenders are invaluable in today's game. I think French can play 20+ minutes from day one and would allow John and especially Eke to develop at their own pace.

pbiflyer
10-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the answers.

IrwinFletcher
10-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Ted and I both had French at the top of our wish lists once the September visits were announced. Along with needing French's toughness, multi-position defenders are invaluable in today's game. I think French can play 20+ minutes from day one and would allow John and especially Eke to develop at their own pace.

Interesting that you think that French is further along and more ready to contribute from Day 1 vs. Theo John. Would have thought it was the other way around.