PDA

View Full Version : Excitement level

IrwinFletcher
09-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Saw a tweet yesterday from Anonymous Eagle and anecdotally said that interest is way down on this team right now in light of the past 3 seasons (not to mention that the BE is a really good conference).

Saw this today, which should be a good indicator.

https://twitter.com/muathletics/status/776489287051317249

2012Warrior
09-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Any chance the Badger fans are buying those and just going to resell the others? Although, I don't know how closely that'd be watched for it to contribute those totals in 3.5 hours.

Goose85
09-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Saw a tweet yesterday from Anonymous Eagle and anecdotally said that interest is way down on this team right now in light of the past 3 seasons (not to mention that the BE is a really good conference).

Saw this today, which should be a good indicator.

https://twitter.com/muathletics/status/776489287051317249

Anonymous Eagle never has any information, and has generally been negative toward MU hoops. I don't waste my time with anything that comes from there.

Glad to see the mini plan is selling well. That is really a pretty attractive mini plan.

I actually think that many of the MU fans I talk to are overall, if not excited, very interested in this year's team. More offensive weapons should make them more fun to follow.

mufan2003
09-15-2016, 02:43 PM
Wisconsin, Xavier, Georgetown and defending national champion Villanova is a great 4-pack if you are neutral on MU but a WI resident that enjoys watching college basketball.

MUfan12
09-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Any chance the Badger fans are buying those and just going to resell the others?

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that being the case.

MU/Panther
09-15-2016, 06:37 PM
It's a much easier 4 game mini plan compared to last year's plan they offered in picking your games and picking your section for each game.

MU/Panther
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Wisconsin, Xavier, Georgetown and defending national champion Villanova is a great 4-pack if you are neutral on MU but a WI resident that enjoys watching college basketball.
Or if someone is a Saturday person. Wisconsin, Xavier, Creighton and Providence.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
09-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Great package offering by the powers that be - glad they simplified it and made it incredibly attractive.

As for interest, it's definitely down and I don't think anyone can deny that regardless of the mini-ticket sales. 3 years in the dumper will do that to you. I'm buddies with a lot of "casual fans" (unlike the people on this board and myself who are a bit obsessed with the Marq bball program:)) and from their point of view this is a big year for Wojo and the program - need to really show something.

MU/Panther
09-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Interest might be down for all arena sports, since the weather is still very summer like. Today, it was 86. Friday night was at the Al for the MU-Iowa State volleyball game. I don't remember leaving the Al at night being warm and humid night. The weather has been outstanding!

BLT
09-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Or if someone is a Saturday person. Wisconsin, Xavier, Creighton and Providence.

Great for Chicago fans too.