PDA

View Full Version : Four games at the Klotsche? Really!!??

BBF
09-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Every time I think things can't get any worse for this program our admin proves me wrong. In addition to the exhibition game AND the Western Illinois game in the non-conference season, it has now been announced that the final two CONFERENCE games -- Detroit and Oakland -- will be played at the Klotsche! If any one thing has been proved definitively in the last few years, it's that we CANNOT continue to play games in that D-III level gymnasium. Unless that's where our brain trust is going to take us -- wittingly or unwittingly.

It's truly a case of not knowing whether to laugh or cry at the continuing devolution of our program.

TheSultan
09-12-2016, 08:34 AM
So they aren't playing home games at the Arena with their name on the building? That seems...very strange.

Skrapheap
09-21-2016, 04:21 PM
So they aren't playing home games at the Arena with their name on the building? That seems...very strange.

The Arena with their name on it, but which they don't entirely control. i wonder what's written into the contract between the WCD and the Athletics department. How much benefit does paying for naming rights actually confer on the program?

Goose85
09-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Personally, if I were UWM's athletic department, I would see if the Admirals would like to take over naming rights of the Arena. Then I would use that money to build a baseball stadium that is at least as nice as Kapco Park.

MayorCK
10-16-2016, 12:13 PM
News flash: No one gives a **** about college baseball.