PDA

View Full Version : Athlon 2017 College B-Ball Preview

CaribouJim
09-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Picked up the new Athlon B-Ball Preview yesterday at "the" Jewel near me.

Some highlights/lowlights:

- 3 BE teams in the Top 25 - Nova, X, Creighton
- Josh Hart 1st team AA - no other BE player on any of their 1st, 2nd or AA 3rd teams.
- MU picked at 5th in the BE and picked to beat NC State in a First Four game and MU then loses to Cinci in the NCAA's
- Duke beats UK in the final and Nova in the FF
- They list 10 guys for each of following categories - Floor Leaders...Shooters...Scorers...Inside-Out...Post Men. Five BE guys included - was hoping Luke could slip into the Post Men category.
- MU listed as 2nd best recruiting class in BE, but none are included in a list of 17 Impact Freshmen

Very lengthy article on the BE - "The Big East Moves Forward" with a subtitle of "Led by the defending national championships, this basketball-only league is thriving in today's college sports landscape" Barely a mention of MU though.

IrwinFletcher
09-07-2016, 01:39 PM
With so many questions about this team and Coach, I would sign up for a 5th place finish right now.

That could mean a 10-8 record and if we can eke out a 9-3 record in a tough NC schedule, we would be firmly on the bubble heading to NYC.

79warrior
09-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Picked up the new Athlon B-Ball Preview yesterday at "the" Jewel near me.

Some highlights/lowlights:

- 3 BE teams in the Top 25 - Nova, X, Creighton
- Josh Hart 1st team AA - no other BE player on any of their 1st, 2nd or AA 3rd teams.
- MU picked at 5th in the BE and picked to beat NC State in a First Four game and MU then loses to Cinci in the NCAA's
- Duke beats UK in the final and Nova in the FF
- They list 10 guys for each of following categories - Floor Leaders...Shooters...Scorers...Inside-Out...Post Men. Five BE guys included - was hoping Luke could slip into the Post Men category.
- MU listed as 2nd best recruiting class in BE, but none are included in a list of 17 Impact Freshmen

Very lengthy article on the BE - "The Big East Moves Forward" with a subtitle of "Led by the defending national championships, this basketball-only league is thriving in today's college sports landscape" Barely a mention of MU though.

MU has not been worth mentioning much the last couple of years. Can't fault the author on that.