PDA

View Full Version : Preferences for MU vs UW game time?

mufan2003
08-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Noticed that the Bucks play @ the Washington Wizards on December 10. So MU should have their pick of tip time for the game against UW. In 2012 it was a 5pm tip. IIRC it was 1pm in 2014. I would like to see a 7pm or 7:30pm tip. Curious what others prefer?

TheSultan
08-22-2016, 02:39 PM
MU won't have their pick. It will be up to television. But I would prefer evening.

Nukem2
08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
I would prefer afternoon.

mufan2003
08-22-2016, 04:58 PM
MU won't have their pick. It will be up to television. But I would prefer evening.

Yeah, if FOX broadcasts the game (MU as the home team), they would probably prefer an early afternoon tip. MUPanther might have some insight on this.

MU/Panther
08-22-2016, 07:55 PM
If the game ends up on FOX it would be a day game. Villanova/Notre Dame is on CBS at 11am and the Army/Navy football game follows that on CBS. So, UW at MU will not be on CBS.

I don't know the primetime schedule for FS1 as there is nothing listed for UFC fighting.

It will be a solid day for FOX/FS1 that day on Dec. 10th as the Big East schedule is Wisconsin at Marquette, Cincinnati at Butler and Utah at Xavier. UMass at Providence and Longwood at Creighton is also on Dec. 10th. DePaul vs Temple & LaSalle vs Georgetown play in Miami for the HoopHall Invitational. I have not seen a boardcast network for that series, but it's smells like FS1.

If you are making me guess, I think UW at MU will be on FOX in the day.

MU_Iceman
08-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Give me a night game!! That is one thing that has been absent from MU's home slate..more Saturday evening games. There's been opportunities when Bucks/Admirals havent had games, and they could play during the evening..I know TV dictates a lot of it..but still..work something out with them.

MUfan12
08-22-2016, 10:29 PM
That 5 PM tip was a bonkers crowd with all day to get stretched out. Sign me up for another one of those.

MU/Panther
08-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Remember, that Jerel McNeal game that was a ESPNU game at 8:30pm. Drunks :mad:

MUBasketball
08-23-2016, 10:03 AM
That 5 PM tip was a bonkers crowd with all day to get stretched out. Sign me up for another one of those.

Yeah 5 pm is good but that's getting a little late. Having all day to get lubricated is a real slippery slope!

mufan2003
08-23-2016, 01:23 PM
If the game ends up on FOX it would be a day game. Villanova/Notre Dame is on CBS at 11am and the Army/Navy football game follows that on CBS. So, UW at MU will not be on CBS.

I don't know the primetime schedule for FS1 as there is nothing listed for UFC fighting.

It will be a solid day for FOX/FS1 that day on Dec. 10th as the Big East schedule is Wisconsin at Marquette, Cincinnati at Butler and Utah at Xavier. UMass at Providence and Longwood at Creighton is also on Dec. 10th. DePaul vs Temple & LaSalle vs Georgetown play in Miami for the HoopHall Invitational. I have not seen a boardcast network for that series, but it's smells like FS1.

If you are making me guess, I think UW at MU will be on FOX in the day.

In addition, there is no conflict with the conference championship games for football. They are all on December 3.

MU/Panther
08-23-2016, 02:54 PM
In addition, there is no conflict with the conference championship games for football. They are all on December 3. Yes, just like last year at the Kohl Center, Much better for the series to be played the 2nd Saturday in December.