PDA

View Full Version : 2016-2017 season predictions

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131133/2016-summer-forecast-east-standings

I know the Bucks weren't good last season, but I think this prediction is a bit on the weaker side. My hope is that Giannis, Jabari, & Khris continue to improve and the Bucks can get back to .500 or slightly better this season. To me getting in that 6-8 seed range would be a good season for them this year with a 4-5 seed being a great season for them. Anything outside of making the playoffs would be a huge letdown for me personally. Curious what others think?

Goose85
07-26-2016, 08:40 AM
It all depends on what they do with Monroe. Hopefully they move him for a draft pick.

Clev, Toronto, Boston, and maybe Atlanta - I don't think we finish ahead of these teams.

Then there is another group that is interesting - Detroit, Chicago and New York. How do the pieces fit with those teams.

I think the Bucks are on the cusp of being pretty darn good. I think you will see a much better Jabari this year, as he is further removed from surgery. Giannis improves. Key is outside shooting. Can Vaughn play, has Giannis improved his outside shot, can anyone other than Middleton score for the 3 line consistently?

We have 3 potential top line players, but none are there yet. I think Maker will be right in there too with defensive centers successful teams have, but in another year.

The future looks good, but right now I would say we would be battling for one of those last playoff spots. Part of me thinks if we are going to be an 8 seed, then why not jump back into the lottery one more year and then really make a move the following year.

7 or 8 seed is my pick.

mufan2003
07-26-2016, 03:14 PM
It is hard to say. As stated, the potential of Giannis and Parker is off the charts for two 21-year-olds. Parker was a different player after the all-star break last season. However, both need to show they can threaten a defense with their jump shot. Does not have to be three point shooting, but a consistent mid-range shot like D Wade.

The Bucks are building the right way, another poor year with a lottery pick would not be the end of the world. On the other hand, the Bucks will want to be a player in the free agent market if Monroe opts out and need to show that they are capable of winning. Other players in the league may question how good Giannis and Parker are if they finish 33-49 again.

I think Teletovic has a chance to start alongside Parker at the forward position. He will stretch the floor and help improve the spacing on offense. Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Detroit are all better than Milwaukee. I think 41-41, or a few games below or above would be a good season. It all comes back to how much better Giannis, Parker and Middleton have improved their overall game since the end of last season.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-26-2016, 04:10 PM
I would agree with these assessments, obviously another top 10 pick would be fantastic, however as was mentioned, if we can't at least make a run at being .500 this season you really have to question the development of Giannis, Jabari, & Khris. Having a good young core with potential is exciting for a few years, but we need to see constant steps forward. While that isn't always measured in the record, another 33-49 season would be a huge letdown.

Goose85
07-26-2016, 04:17 PM
I think we will be improved, but when you watch other NBA games, good teams generally have something we lack - multiple guys that can shoot the 3 with relative consistency.

Parker and Giannis have to become more reliable 3 point threats, not splash brothers level, but they have to be able to consistently knock down open 3 pointers. Need more than just Middleton. Vaughn was drafted because of that skill set, but he is still really young and has a way to go before getting impact minutes.

Then once you get to the playoffs, you need guys that can really defend. Parker has to improve that part of his game.