PDA

View Full Version : Tiby signs to play in Hungary

IWB
07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Matt Tiby Inks Professioinal Contract With Atomeromu SE

MILWAUKEE (July 22, 2016) - Former Milwaukee men's basketball standout Matt Tiby has signed a professional contract to play in Hungary with Atomeromu SE Paks. A First Team All-Horizon League and National Association of Basketball Coaches Second Team All-District selection in 2015-16, Tiby averaged team highs of 15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds per game this past season.

The 6-foot-8 forward, who started all 98 of the games in which he appeared during his three-year career at Milwaukee, scored in double figures on 28 occasions in 2015-16, topping the 20-point mark nine times. He also recorded nine double-doubles.

Information below courtesy of Slan Sports Management:

MATT TIBY SIGNS FIRST PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT IN HUNGARY

Toronto, July 22, 2016 - Slan Sports Management is pleased to announce that Matt Tiby has signed his first professional contract with Atomeromu SE Paks in the Hungarian A Division.

Tiby, a 6'8" power forward, is coming off of his final collegiate season at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where he was named to the All-Horizon League First-Team. In 2015-2016, Tiby averaged career-highs of 15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds, 7th and 4th in the Horizon League, respectively. Over the course of the season, he pulled down nine double-double's, the most for a Panther in ten years. Tiby's season total of 272 rebounds set a new school record, breaking the previous mark he set in his junior year with 234. He would go on to be elected to the National Association of Basketball Coaches All-District 12 Team, and placed on the mid-season watch list for the Lou Henson Award given annually to the nation's top mid-major player, accomplishing this feat for the second consecutive year. He also earned the NCAA Division 1 Performance of the Year by Hero Sports on December 17th, 2015 for his showing against the University of South Dakota, where he set career highs with 31 points and 17 rebounds.

An Urbandale, Iowa native, Tiby attended Urbandale High School prior to starting his collegiate career at Kirkwood Community College of the Iowa Community College Athletic Conference (ICCAC). As the only freshman starter for the Eagles, Tiby averaged 11.3 points and 6.2 rebounds while claiming an honourable mention for all-region recognition. In his sophomore season, Tiby committed to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where he went on to finish 6th in the Horizon League in rebounds, averaging 6.4 per game, and 16th in scoring with 12.1 points per contest. In the same year, Tiby registered six double-doubles, good for 3rd in the Horizon League and tallied 10 or more points in twelve consecutive games en route to being crowned the Horizon League Champion and earning a selection to the Horizon League All-Tournament Team. In his junior year, Tiby ranked 13th in the Horizon League in scoring with 13.3 points per game and 3rd in rebounds with 7.8 per game. That season he was named to the All-Horizon League Second Team.

Tiby caps off his collegiate career with the highest career rebounding average in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee history pulling down 7.5 rebounds per game, while ranking 2nd in total rebounds with 734. He also finishes his career 11th in Horizon League history with 1,332 career points.

"I am excited to start my new journey in Hungary and take the next step of my growth process as a player on and off the court," said Tiby. "I would like to thank my family, coaches, teammates and friends, that kept me motivated throughout the process. Without them, this never would have been possible."

Atomeromu SE Paks finished the 2015-2016 campaign with a record of 20-6, before losing in the semi-finals to TLI-Alba Fehervar. They look forward to inserting Tiby's physicality into their offensive outlook.

"We are happy that Matt is joining us," said Gediminas Petrauskas, Paks Head Coach. "He will help us under the basket and on the perimeter. He can play both the 4 and 5 positions, and we got good feedback from his coach in the US that he is a hard working player."

Skrapheap
07-26-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm almost surprised the story got posted at mkepanthers.com, as vocal as Matt was in his displeasure with Amanda Braun.