PDA

View Full Version : Schedule finalized for 2016 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project

IWB
07-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Schedule finalized for 2016 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project

Pitt to face SMU and Michigan to meet Marquette in Championship Round semifinals at Madison Square Garden

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 13, 2016
PRINCETON, N.J. - The match-ups are set for the 22nd annual 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project (@2KClassic), which returns to Madison Square Garden this coming November.

2016 NCAA participants Michigan and Pittsburgh, along with Marquette and SMU highlight the field for the 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project, which culminates with the Championship Rounds at Madison Square Garden, Nov. 17-18.

Tickets for the 2K Classic Championship Rounds presented by Continental Tire are on sale and may be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 866-448-7849 or through Ticketmaster.com.

In the Championship Rounds, Pittsburgh will take on SMU in the first semifinal, followed by Michigan squaring off with Marquette on Thursday, Nov. 17. The consolation and championship games will then take place on Friday, Nov. 18. All four games of the Championship Rounds will be televised on ESPN networks.

Michigan, Pittsburgh, Marquette, and SMU combined for an 89-43 record in 2015-16 and have made 94 NCAA Tournament appearances, including 12 Final Fours. These four teams will be joined by IUPUI, Eastern Michigan, Gardner-Webb, and Howard to complete the field.

I n addition to their games at The Garden, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Marquette, and SMU will host a pair of games on campus, beginning Nov. 11. IUPUI will host Eastern Michigan, Gardner-Webb, and Howard in the Subregional Round of the 2K Classic, Nov. 18-19, in Indianapolis, Ind.

Additional television information will be announced at a later date.

----- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS -----

Semifinal Doubleheader
Madison Square Garden - New York, N.Y.
November 17 - 7:00 p.m. (ET)
Pittsburgh vs. SMU (ESPN2)
Michigan vs. Marquette (ESPN2)

Championship Doubleheader
Madison Square Garden - New York, N.Y.
November 18 - 4:30 p.m. (ET)
Consolation Game (ESPN2)
Championship Game (ESPN2)

----- REGIONAL ROUNDS -----

Ann Arbor Regional Rounds
Crisler Center - Ann Arbor, Mich.
November 11
Howard at Michigan
November 13
IUPUI at Michigan

Pittsburgh Regional Rounds
Petersen Events Center - Pittsburgh, Pa.
November 11
Eastern Michigan at Pittsburgh
November 14
Gardner-Webb at Pittsburgh

Milwaukee Regional Rounds
BMO Harris Bradley Center- Milwaukee, Wis.
November 14
Howard at Marquette
November 22
IUPUI at Marquette

Dallas Regional Rounds
Moody Coliseum - Dallas, Texas
November 11
Gardner-Webb at SMU
November 13
Eastern Michigan at SMU

---- SUBREGIONAL ROUNDS ----

Indianapolis Subregional Rounds
Indiana Farmers Coliseum - Indianapolis, Ind.
November 18
Gardner-Webb vs. Eastern Michigan
Howard vs. IUPUI
November 19
Subregional Consolation Game
Subregional Championship Game

TheSultan
07-13-2016, 12:09 PM
I love the fact that we are playing a "regional round" game after the actual tournament. I didn't realize that they actually have the other four teams play against one another as well.

MU/Panther
07-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I love the fact that we are playing a "regional round" game after the actual tournament. I didn't realize that they actually have the other four teams play against one another as well.
They do that in some other tournaments as well.