PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day - Bucks Predictions

Goose85
06-23-2016, 11:12 AM
It's Draft Day.

Right now the Bucks have the #10 pick.

Seems most think the draft is a crap shoot after #2.

While I'm not sure that this is who I would pick, I think the Bucks pick Poeltl over Henry and the two Mich State guys, but hoping somebody falls.

I wouldn't mind the Bucks taking a round 2 flyer on Diamond Stone if he lasts. Wouldn't mind Levert from Michigan or Zhou Qi from China in round 2 either.

Torn on Big East guys Bentil and Whitehead, but I would consider taking them in round 2 as well.

MU/Panther
06-23-2016, 11:33 AM
I think the Bucks pick Henry at #10.

IWB
06-23-2016, 11:56 AM
I think the Bucks want Poeltl but something tells me he will go 1-2 picks earlier. Bucks will take one of the two from MSU, probably Deyonta Davis.

I just don't know about Stone - a ton of upside, but does he have the toughness to play the post in the NBA?

Henry will go to Phoneix.

mufansince72
06-23-2016, 12:09 PM
The guy I have been thinking they pick for the longest time is Poeltl. That of course means I am probably wrong. I don't like this draft at all so I would trade it in a heartbeat for a good shooting guard who can play defense.

MU/Panther
06-23-2016, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9R3UjcLZqM

I can't say the name Jakob Poeltl without in the Bill Walton voice!

Goose85
06-23-2016, 12:32 PM
The guy I have been thinking they pick for the longest time is Poeltl. That of course means I am probably wrong. I don't like this draft at all so I would trade it in a heartbeat for a good shooting guard who can play defense.

Can Valentine fit that role, shooting guard that can play D? didn't see enough of him to know if he is an NBA defender.

mufansince72
06-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Can Valentine fit that role, shooting guard that can play D? didn't see enough of him to know if he is an NBA defender.

I don't know. I would prefer a veteran who is already established.

IWB
06-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Walton - "JJJah-cub Purtle"? Is that right?

Goose85
06-23-2016, 12:40 PM
I think the Bucks want Poeltl but something tells me he will go 1-2 picks earlier. Bucks will take one of the two from MSU, probably Deyonta Davis.

I just don't know about Stone - a ton of upside, but does he have the toughness to play the post in the NBA?

Henry will go to Phoneix.

The only hesitation I have on the Bucks picking Davis is that it seems they want a guy they think can play and contribute now, and from the sounds of it Davis is a couple year down the road project.

All depends on if they move Monroe or not. If they keep Monroe, then no need for Davis to be ready to play.

mufan2003
06-23-2016, 01:15 PM
I also think the Bucks end up taking Poeltl at #10. Sacramento at #8 has Demarcus Cousins at center. Toronto at #9 has Jonas Valanciunas at center. Henry as a stretch 4 and backup center would seem to fit in well with either of those 2 teams. Toronto will likely lose Bismack Biyombo, so maybe they would take Poeltl to fill the backup center role. If it were me at #10, and it was between Henry and Poeltl, I take Henry. I don't think either will be a great defender, but Henry has the potential to have a more diverse offensive game (ball-handling, passing, scoring on all 3 levels) yet still has great size.

At #36 and #38, Bucks should look at a shot blocking center and defensive guard that can shoot: Malcolm Brogdon, AJ Hammons, Chinanu Onuaku, Isaiah Whitehead, Ben Bentil and Stephen Zimmerman.

mufan2003
06-23-2016, 01:21 PM
The only hesitation I have on the Bucks picking Davis is that it seems they want a guy they think can play and contribute now, and from the sounds of it Davis is a couple year down the road project.

All depends on if they move Monroe or not. If they keep Monroe, then no need for Davis to be ready to play.

I think with Kidd's extension through 2020, the arena in 2018, the new assistant GM, possibly a new contract for Hammond.....the Bucks are willing to be patient. That is why they got rid of Pachulia and Dudley last offseason. Sure it cost them wins, but the Bucks want to develop the young players. Give that time to Henson and Vaughn. I think the Bucks will truly take the player that they think is BPA, not necessarily now but 2-4 years from now. If the Bucks take Henry, some will complain about team defense, but Greg Monroe will not be the center much longer. So much smoke when it comes to the draft, will be interesting to see how it actually plays out.

MUFAN2010
06-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Bucks get Kris Dunn at #6 with a trade with the Pellies and Monroe. BOOK IT!

mufansince72
06-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Bucks get Kris Dunn at #6 with a trade with the Pellies and Monroe. BOOK IT!

Since Dunn will probably go three, I doubt it.

MUFAN2010
06-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Since Dunn will probably go three, I doubt it.

I got close!

mufansince72
06-24-2016, 09:54 AM
I got close!

You got close to his draft position, I will give you that. Nothing about a trade with the Pelicans and Monroe though :)

mufansince72
06-24-2016, 09:56 AM
I think with Kidd's extension through 2020, the arena in 2018, the new assistant GM, possibly a new contract for Hammond.....the Bucks are willing to be patient. That is why they got rid of Pachulia and Dudley last offseason. Sure it cost them wins, but the Bucks want to develop the young players. Give that time to Henson and Vaughn. I think the Bucks will truly take the player that they think is BPA, not necessarily now but 2-4 years from now. If the Bucks take Henry, some will complain about team defense, but Greg Monroe will not be the center much longer. So much smoke when it comes to the draft, will be interesting to see how it actually plays out.

You hit the nail on the head. They took a player that will probably take 2-4 years to see meaningful time on the court. Probably need to spend the next two years in the weight room.