PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BucksTrade that should happen

mufansince72
06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
The Bulls-Bucks swap

Bulls send: Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Taj Gibson and No. 14 pick
Bucks send: Jabari Parker, Khris Middleton, Greg Monroe and Tyler Ennis

View in ESPN's trade machine

Why the Bulls do it: With both Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol likely leaving via free agency this summer, and with Rose struggling to regain his MVP form, it looks as if now is the time to rebuild. Adding Parker, Middleton and Monroe would get the team significantly younger without sacrificing talent. All three are potential 20 points-per-game scorers.

Parker is the real prize here. The former No. 2 pick in the draft is from Chicago, is just 21 years old, and still has a bright future in the league. While the defense will suffer, that's not where the Bulls and Fred Hoiberg need to improve.

Why the Bucks do it: The Bucks regressed back to the mean last season, and coach Jason Kidd, fresh off a three-year extension, wants a contender, not a rebuilding project.

While the Bucks have turned down several offers for Parker already this offseason, landing a player of Butler's quality could cause them to change their mind about moving the young forward.
Butler and Gibson would improve the defensive profile of the team significantly, and Butler would be the best scorer the team has had in Kidd's tenure.

Rose, released from the expectations of his home fans in Chicago, might be able to flourish under Kidd's coaching, and the Bucks still have two lottery picks to keep adding young talent. At No. 10 and 14, the Bucks should be able to get their hands on both a young big like Jakob Poeltl and a young point guard like Dejounte Murray or Wade Baldwin.

Add it all up, and this Bucks team would be a playoff contender next season.

Goose85
06-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Just curious, is this rumored or is the an ESPN suggestion?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-20-2016, 12:08 PM
It's an ESPN suggestion... I wouldn't want to give up Jabari and Middleton for this deal... And leave Rose out.

mufansince72
06-20-2016, 12:13 PM
It was a suggestion. I want no part of Rose. I would trade Jabari if we could get Jimmy.

Goose85
06-20-2016, 12:24 PM
I too would not want any part of Rose.
I'd love to have Jimmy, but if they move him I would think they want to get a high pick back in the deal.

Seems the Bucks would like to move Monroe, so that dynamic could be interesting.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-21-2016, 09:30 AM
I would trade Jabari straight up for Jimmy, I agree with everyone else that I don't want any part of Rose, and I don't want to give up Middleton either.

mufan2003
06-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Agree about not wanting anything to do with Rose. He will never be the player he was in his MVP season. Bucks are definitely shopping Monroe, but will they get anything of value in return? I am excited about Jabari Parker. I thought he really elevated his level of play last year after the All-Star break, which was his 1st full season in the NBA.

Goose85
06-21-2016, 02:52 PM
It will be interesting to see if any other teams think Monroe has value. Big contract for two more years. If you have some good defenders at other positions he is a much better fit.

If they do trade Monroe, I would think Poeltl would be their preference, but I could also see Henry as an option too.

I would like to keep Jabbari and Giannis together if at all possible.

mufansince72
06-21-2016, 08:16 PM
It will be interesting to see if any other teams think Monroe has value. Big contract for two more years. If you have some good defenders at other positions he is a much better fit.

If they do trade Monroe, I would think Poeltl would be their preference, but I could also see Henry as an option too.

I would like to keep Jabbari and Giannis together if at all possible.

He really only has a big contract for this upcoming season as the next year is a player option that he is likely to decline.

Goose85
06-22-2016, 08:24 AM
He really only has a big contract for this upcoming season as the next year is a player option that he is likely to decline.

If that is the case, then he might be worth less as he would be a one year player.