PDA

View Full Version : Denzel Valentine

mufan2003
06-19-2016, 11:49 AM
I have liked Denzel Valentine at #10. Although there are some concerns about a recent MRI on his knee. Valentine had a solo workout with the Bucks on Friday.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/383487131.html

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-21-2016, 09:27 AM
I think I would prefer Jakob Poeltl, but admittedly there are risks with every player that will be available at #10...

Goose85
06-21-2016, 09:53 AM
As is normal in the NBA draft, after the top half of the lottery, the rest becomes a real crap shoot.
Seems Henry and Poeltl are the most common mock draft pick for the Bucks.

Poeltl makes sense if Monroe leaves. Henry could be a pretty good pro, but needs to be a good fit, and right now I'm not sure he is with the collection of Bucks players.
A defender like Jimmy Butler and a center that can defend, then Henry would make sense.

mufan2003
06-21-2016, 02:53 PM
As is normal in the NBA draft, after the top half of the lottery, the rest becomes a real crap shoot.
Seems Henry and Poeltl are the most common mock draft pick for the Bucks.

Poeltl makes sense if Monroe leaves. Henry could be a pretty good pro, but needs to be a good fit, and right now I'm not sure he is with the collection of Bucks players.
A defender like Jimmy Butler and a center that can defend, then Henry would make sense.

I tend to agree about Henry's fit with the Bucks, but I have to admit I would be excited to have a former MU player drafted by the Bucks. When is the last time that happened? The Bucks are a young team, and inevitably, barring Giannis/Parker and possibly Middleton, the roster will continue to change. Henry may not be a good fit right away, but in a few years the roster may look different and be a better fit. As the saying goes, take the best player available.

Goose85
06-21-2016, 03:31 PM
I tend to agree about Henry's fit with the Bucks, but I have to admit I would be excited to have a former MU player drafted by the Bucks. When is the last time that happened? The Bucks are a young team, and inevitably, barring Giannis/Parker and possibly Middleton, the roster will continue to change. Henry may not be a good fit right away, but in a few years the roster may look different and be a better fit. As the saying goes, take the best player available.

No doubt, take the best player available. The NBA is changing. You no longer need the normal five positions on the court, you just need to be able to defend the traditional five positions. Buzz's and his switchables seems to me to be true in the NBA (except some of those switchables need to be able to shoot the 3).

Can Henry, Jabari and Giannis all play together? I'm not worried about on offense, but on D? Can Henry play some center or can Jabari play some small forward?

IWB
06-22-2016, 08:40 AM
I have to admit I would be excited to have a former MU player drafted by the Bucks. When is the last time that happened?

It has been a long time...

1978 - Gary Rosenberger, round 9 pick 182

1976 - Lloyd Walton, round 3 pick 40

1971 - Gary Brell, round 3 pick 51

1968 - Brad Luccini, round 11, pick 146