PDA

View Full Version : OT: NBA Game 7

Goose85
06-17-2016, 10:56 AM
Who is the pressure on in game 7, is it on Curry and GS or is it on Lebron and Clev?

GS was supposed to win it all, and are playing at home. Clev hasn't had a title in most sports fans lifetimes, and Lebron lost last year and this is a legacy game.

It has been an entertaining series, and I am looking forward to a great game 7.
Either way, one for the ages. GS goes back to back after the best regular season ever, or Cleveland gets their first title in half a century and Lebron adds another title.

So, how will the call the game? Will they allow physical play, will they call the clutching and grabbing, or will they swallow the whistles a bit and let the players decide the game?

TheSultan
06-17-2016, 11:17 AM
The only way the Cavs win is if Lebron continues to play out of his mind. Which is a distinct possibility. If I'm Golden State, I would get the ball out of his hands.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-17-2016, 11:20 AM
The pressure in my mind is on Golden State... Cleveland is playing with house money right now and has all the momentum. With that said I just have a feeling that GS will show up in this one and get the job done at home, watching the health of Andre Iguadola is going to be important, he has been a big piece of shutting down Lebron.

Markedman
06-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I think they will let them play for the most part. Seems like the defense is always more physical in the playoffs and this year has been no exception.

I think GS will win but I'm rooting for the Cavs.

MUMac
06-17-2016, 11:58 AM
The pressure in my mind is on Golden State... Cleveland is playing with house money right now and has all the momentum. With that said I just have a feeling that GS will show up in this one and get the job done at home, watching the health of Andre Iguadola is going to be important, he has been a big piece of shutting down Lebron.

I agree with this. Cleveland should be more relaxed. The home court, though, makes a difference for GS and they win. I am pulling for Cleveland, but don't think they pull it off.

As an aside, what a bizarre postseason this would be if GS loses. They were down 3-1 in the Conference Finals and come back to win. Up 3-1 in the Finals and lose. One for the ages.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-17-2016, 12:08 PM
I am rooting for Golden State, but that's more just because I want a rooting interest to watch and they have played a fun style all year.

Goose85
06-17-2016, 12:24 PM
I am rooting for Cleveland, as I think it would be great for that city to finally win something.

I have enjoyed watching GS play this season and actually made an effort to watch some of their regular season games (not full games of course), which other than the Bucks I rarely watch regular season NBA.

Either way it has been a compelling finals, and I'd think game 7 on a father's day Sunday could result in some huge ratings.

Nukem2
06-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Yep, Cleveland deserves a championship after all these years.

CaribouJim
06-17-2016, 01:21 PM
I picked the Cavs in 7 and I'm sticking with that. There is just something out of wack with the Warriors IMO. I'm far from the first to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if after the dust settles on this series that it will be revealed that Curry's knee was far from 100%.

Curry and Draymond have become unlikable, at least to me - seemingly drama on every possession. Really like Thompson though. Barnes certainly isn't doing himself any favors in his pursuit for a max contract - that's a pipe dream now although I think it was before the playoffs even started.

I can live with either team winning, I just want a close game for a change.

TheSultan
06-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Total score in the series is 610-610.

But no game has been within 10 points.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-17-2016, 01:49 PM
I picked the Cavs in 7 and I'm sticking with that. There is just something out of wack with the Warriors IMO. I'm far from the first to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if after the dust settles on this series that it will be revealed that Curry's knee was far from 100%.

Curry and Draymond have become unlikable, at least to me - seemingly drama on every possession. Really like Thompson though. Barnes certainly isn't doing himself any favors in his pursuit for a max contract - that's a pipe dream now although I think it was before the playoffs even started.

Curry has started to whine like Lebron... But with that said I can't stand Lebron's whining either so that's a wash...

ge1974
06-17-2016, 02:30 PM
My daughter works directly for Dan Gilbert (PR) I am going with the Cavs.

Lebron, Curry, Green, Thompson and Kerr are all crybabies. The NBA sucks,IMO. Stars get way too many calls. It was true in the old days (60s and 70s) but never more than today's league. It started mostly during the Magic and Bird era. League is choreographed and the NBA gets pretty much the teams they want to go far in the playoffs. Then there are the fixed drafts where NY got Ewing and Orlando got ONeal.

bleedbluegold03
06-17-2016, 02:38 PM
The game will be determined by Golden State's ability to shoot from distance. They're averaging 32 attempts per game, roughly 40% of their total shots.

In wins they've averaged 43% from 3, loses 35%. Simply put if GS shoots 40%+, they win by double digits. Under, and I predict losing a close one.

ge1974
06-17-2016, 02:41 PM
My daughter works directly for Dan Gilbert (PR) I am going with the Cavs.

Lebron, Curry, Green, Thompson and Kerr are all crybabies. The NBA sucks,IMO. Stars get way too many calls. It was true in the old days (60s and 70s) but never more than today's league. It started mostly during the Magic and Bird era. League is choreographed and the NBA gets pretty much the teams they want to go far in the playoffs. Then there are the fixed drafts where NY got Ewing and Orlando got ONeal.

That said this has been an entertaining series with great talent on display. Don't forget - Jim Boylan is an asst coach with the Cavs so it would be nice to see him get the MBA championship ring. Jim Chones is an announcer for the Cavs,too.

CaribouJim
06-17-2016, 02:45 PM
That said this has been an entertaining series with great talent on display. Don't forget - Jim Boylan is an asst coach with the Cavs so it would be nice to see him get the MBA championship ring. Jim Chones is an announcer for the Cavs,too.

I didn't know that. Isn't Austin Carr as well? One for TV and the other for radio?

ge1974
06-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Oh not this stuff again. Please stop with the tin-foil hattery stuff.

If the NBA cared that much, why did they ship Tim Duncan to San Antonio and let them become one of its cornerstone franchises? This stuff is just old and tired.

WTF. Some know-it-alls are insufferable. I was just giving my opinion. F U little man.

TheSultan
06-17-2016, 03:15 PM
WTF. Some know-it-alls are insufferable. I was just giving my opinion. F U little man.

1. I erased me post about ten minutes after I made it.

2. I was giving my opinion as well. Deal with it.

pbiflyer
06-17-2016, 04:09 PM
I am going withe the WARRIORS!
Besides, I like the idea of the greatest player in the NBA only winning a championship because of Dwyane.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Total score in the series is 610-610.

But no game has been within 10 points.

That's just bizarre. I admit I haven't watched avidly, but it's largely because every time I have turned on a game, it's terribly lopsided. Just no drama in blowouts. Either way, I'm sure the NBA is happy it went 7.

mufan2003
06-18-2016, 03:22 PM

Similarly, I picked Golden State in 7 in the NBA Finals thread. Hard to believe after the first 2 games of the Finals and after GS went up 3-1.

mufan2003
06-19-2016, 09:48 PM

Nicely done Caribou. Rarely does game 7 go to the visiting team. Entertaining game. I thought Curry played poorly for most of the Finals.

Markedman
06-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Great series.

Irving hit the big shot and then tried to pull a Dwight Buycks!

ge1974
06-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Congrats to the Cavs, Dan Gilbert and also to Jimmy Boylan who now has both an NCAA Championship and NBA Championship ring!

CaribouJim
06-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Nicely done Caribou. Rarely does game 7 go to the visiting team. Entertaining game. I thought Curry played poorly for most of the Finals.

I agree on Curry - careless with the ball...too much dribbling...ton of air balls. For the most part, no crispness to their offense, but some of that had to do with the Cavs D.

I wonder where Love will be p!aying next year.

MU/Panther
06-20-2016, 09:35 AM
The game drew an 18.9 overnight rating, tops in the post-Michael Jordan finals era. Game 7 in 2013 (Heat-Spurs) drew a 17.7 overnight and in 2010 (Lakers-Celtics) an 18.2.

The game drew a 46.3 rating (on average 46.3 % of the homes in Cleveland were watching) and 39.4 rating in San Francisco.

Goose85
06-20-2016, 09:38 AM
I agree on Curry - careless with the ball...too much dribbling...ton of air balls. For the most part, no crispness to their offense, but some of that had to do with the Cavs D.

I wonder where Love will be p!aying next year.

Crazy how late in the game yesterday, Curry tried throwing that behind the back pass that went out of bounds. In a close playoff game every possession is too important.