PDA

View Full Version : Giannis and Henry

mufan2003
06-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Giannis will play for Greek national team, trying to be one of the last teams to qualify for the Olympics in August. Henry headed to Milwaukee for a workout.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2016/6/9/11898854/giannis-greece-olympics-henry-ellenson-nba-draft-milwaukee-bucks

mufan2003
06-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Working out with Denver. Next stop Milwaukee.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marquette's Henry Ellenson finishing up his individual workout with Nuggets <a href="https://t.co/GcVvJ8NUX7">pic.twitter.com/GcVvJ8NUX7</a></p>&mdash; Harrison Wind (@NBAWind) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAWind/status/741004451150856192">June 9, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Am I wrong here, or does Henry just not seem like a fit for the Bucks? I would be really disappointed if they added Henry as I don't feel like he fits a need for us at all.

Goose85
06-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Am I wrong here, or does Henry just not seem like a fit for the Bucks? I would be really disappointed if they added Henry as I don't feel like he fits a need for us at all.

I agree given the current makeup of the team. I think Henry will be a good outside shooter for a big man, which is much coveted in the NBA, he needs to be paired with a really good defensive center. He would be nice along side Anthony Davis, but NO will likely go for Dunn or Hield.

MUfan12
06-13-2016, 02:55 PM

Not at all. The last thing the Bucks need is another 4 who can't guard or hit threes.

mufan2003
06-13-2016, 06:56 PM
The comparison to Keith Van Horn in the video where he is training with Jimmy Butler, made me cringe. I worry about Henry's lateral quickness and ability to defend in the NBA. On the other hand, the skills he has offensively at 6'11", and at such a young age, is impressive.

mufan2003
06-13-2016, 07:00 PM

With the NBA and direction it is going, I would love Hield or Valentine in this draft....but Hield should be off the board and Valentine seems to be falling on draft boards. The assumption that 1-and-done players have more potential than 3 or 4 year players gets a bit annoying. Plenty of teams get burned betting on the potential of a 1-and-done.

IWB
06-13-2016, 09:14 PM
One thing I have always said about bigger guys in the NBA is look at their legs - do they have big heavy legs or do they have long thin legs? Dwight Howard has a huge upper body, but long thin legs. Guys with heavy legs, guys like McIlvaine have thick legs and don't last long. Henry's legs are huge, but not long & thin either.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-14-2016, 08:53 AM
The Bucks need shooters and defense... right now Henry doesn't bring either. Sure he is going to improve his shooting and will be good for a big man, but the Bucks need their big guy to be a rim defender.

mufan2003
06-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Heard a Pat Riley quote, saying that the NBA has become a "make or miss league." Defense will always be important, but you can't be really good without shooters that can score in a multitude of ways: 3-pointer, midrange and off-the-dribble. Even the 2 cornerstones for the Bucks, Giannis and Jabari, are far from being consistent perimeter shooters.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-14-2016, 12:57 PM
No doubt about it the Bucks future success is entirely predicated on Jabari & Giannis fully developing and reaching their potential as players. With that said the Bucks need to do a better job of surrounding their stars with complementary players. The Monroe signing wasnt great in regards to that.