PDA

View Full Version : Marquette Alumni make it into The Tournament!

IWB
06-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Teams were selected today and the Golden Eagles Alumni have made it into Tournament. The team will play the opening rounds in Chicago July 16th & 17th. Brackets come out July 1.

Here is the Team...

GM - Dan Fitzgerald
Coach - Wes Matthews
Coach - Travis Diener
Booster - Steve Novak

#0 - Jamil Wilson
#1 - Darius Johnson-Odom
#4 - Maurice Acker
#12 - Dwight Burke
#22 - Jerel McNeal
#24 - Trent Locket
#32 - Joe Chapman
#54 - Davante Gardner

Tickets on sale now at www.TheTournament.com

Goose85
06-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Just curious, do GM / Coach / Booster get to play?

Nukem2
06-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Just curious, do GM / Coach / Booster get to play?

Don't think the booster will be playing coming off injury...;)

Goose85
06-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Don't think the booster will be playing coming off injury...;)

Agree, it was more of a general question.

Nukem2
06-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Agree, it was more of a general question.
Yep, that's why the wink.

Markedman
06-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Wes can't play. NBA players not allowed.

Phantom Warrior
06-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Would like to see Vander on the roster. He wouldn't be viewed as an NBA player any more than Jamil would.

Not much height on this team. Could get killed on the boards. Maybe Davante and Dwight have become better rebounders, but neither was any great shakes on the boards at MU. I don't know what kind of talent other teams have, but I will be surprised if this group gets very far in the tournament.

Markedman
06-08-2016, 06:16 PM
You never know who wins these things....hopefully our group gas a decent run

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16049094/more-50-former-nba-players-headline-field-2-million-dollar-basketball-tournament

IWB
06-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Who knows what Vander has lined up - will he be playing in NBA summer league? Is he getting a contract offer? Did they want him? Same could be said about Buycks.

I don't know that boards will be a problem, I don't think these are very structured games, more of a playground style.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-09-2016, 11:16 AM
These are a lot like Pro-AM games, you want your big guys to be able to run the floor and play a fast pace... Vander and Dwight would have been perfect for this style, but you can't blame them for chasing a job instead of this.

Phantom Warrior
06-09-2016, 03:15 PM
O.K. Let's have some fun. Eight guys on the roster.

Let's say that not everyone gets equal minutes, though the reality might be that all eight players will play roughly equal minutes.

Which five players would you start? Which five would you want to get the most minutes? Which five would you want on the court the last 5-10 minutes of a close game. Remember it's single elimination and these guys are chasing two million bucks. You don't worry about hurt egos chasing that many dineros.

Me? I want Jerel and DJ-O in the back court with Jamil at the 4 and Davante at the 5. Torn between Trent and JC at the 3. Little Mo and Dwight coming off the bench to give guys a breather.

Would have loved to see DJ on the roster - great defender and can score in a wide open game.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Acker, DJO, McNeal, Wilson, Gardner. The only guys I think absolutely have to start are Acker and McNeal. Lockett as sixth man.