PDA

View Full Version : Bucks get 10th pick in lottery

IWB
05-18-2016, 08:44 AM
So the Bucks get the 10th pick, not bad but was hoping for 5-7 range.

In the past there were often accusations about the "premier teams" getting the best picks. While Philly was so bad they needed the first pick, but Lakers #2 and Celtics #3? Hmm...

2016 Draft Lottery Results:

1. Philadelphia 76ers
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Minnesota Timberwolves
6. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Toronto Raptors
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Orlando Magic
12. Utah Jazz
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Chicago Bulls

IWB
05-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Of course everyone will revamp their mock drafts today, but as of now, with the 10th pick...

Draft Express: Jakob Poeltl 7'0 C Utah, Sophomore

NBA Draft.Net: Marquese Chriss 6'10 PF Washington, Freshman

ESPN: Jakob Poeltl 7'0 C Utah, Sophomore

CBS: Jakob Poeltl 7'0 C Utah, Sophomore

Goose85
05-18-2016, 09:26 AM
The 76ers Embiid says he expects to play next year. Having a top pick doesn't matter if that player never laces them up.

The Lakers were terrible too. The Celtics have someone else's pick in the lottery, and two others in the first round. They could really take a huge step.

I like Poeltl for the Bucks, especially if they try to move Monroe. Potentially a better fit for the current make up of the roster.

MUFAN2010
05-18-2016, 11:15 AM
I mean the lottery went chalk the 3 worst teams got the 3 best picks, Sixers, Lakers and Celtics via Nets just happened to be the 3 of the biggest markets had the worst seasons. Also the Bucks never could have gotten in the 4-9 range they either get 1-3 or stay at 10 or drop to 11-13.

IWB
05-18-2016, 11:22 AM
I see - did not pay much attention leading up to it so didn't know the Bucks options.

Still, for the Lakers to get #2, no matter how bad they were? Also, the Celtics have so many picks its sick!

CaribouJim
05-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Here is SI's 4.0 Draft projections:

- Henry @ 5 to the Timberwolves
- Like many others Jakob Poeltl to the Bucks

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/18/nba-mock-draft-76ers-lakers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram

Goose85
05-18-2016, 03:57 PM
The Timberwolves have a real chance to take a big step if the make the right pick.
Towns and Wiggins are nice pieces to build around.

I think Henry slips down a bit, but I still don't see the Bucks taking him.

What happened to your Spurs Caribou? They looked so good, and then almost overnight looked slow and old. Does Duncan come back?

mufan2003
05-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Poeltl concerns me a bit. A 7-footer sounds nice, but seems a bit slow and methodical. The evolution of the NBA game does not necessarily require a 7-footer at C. I would love Hield or Valentine at #10. I don't think there is any chance Hield is available at #10, but I think Valentine will be there. Hield shot 46% from 3 and can also score off the dribble. His game @Kansas in January was possibly the best performance of any college basketball player last year. Valentine has nice size (6'6") and shot 40% from 3 last season while playing the PG position often. Valentine (according to a post on the Scout board) also had 6 triple doubles last season!

Valentine would give the Bucks a lineup of PG-Giannis, SG-Valentine, SF-Middleton, PF-Parker, C-Monroe. Labissiere, from Kentucky, is an athletic 7-footer. He had an underwhelming freshman year. He would be a gamble on potential, a year after the Bucks gambled on Rashad Vaughn who also played one year of college basketball. Taking a 4-year proven player like Hield or Valentine does not mean they cannot improve further in the NBA. See Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Steph Curry, Wes Matthews, Jae Crowder, etc.

mufan2003
05-18-2016, 04:48 PM
It is nice that the Bucks also have picks #36 and #38, or picks #6 and #8 in the 2nd round. Either package those two to get a late first round pick or keep them. I heard one prospect state that he would stay in the draft if projected to go somewhere between #25 and #40. I think there is a belief that the first 10 picks of the 2nd round have a good chance to make the team.

CaribouJim
05-18-2016, 08:03 PM
What happened to your Spurs Caribou? They looked so good, and then almost overnight looked slow and old. Does Duncan come back?

I hope Timmy hangs it up and Manu needs to think real hard about it as well. Parker has a lot of mileage on those wheels too, but has a couple more mostly productive years I would think.

Aldridge and Leonard are more than solid upfront and the Spurs have remade themselves before, but who knows, this could be the beginning of the end of that crazy, consistent run of excellence. After the first game, I was pretty confident, but...

Goose85
05-19-2016, 08:21 AM
I too hope Duncan calls it a career. I enjoyed watching him for years, but right now he just looks about done.

Kidd Karma
05-25-2016, 12:57 PM
It is nice that the Bucks also have picks #36 and #38, or picks #6 and #8 in the 2nd round. Either package those two to get a late first round pick or keep them. I heard one prospect state that he would stay in the draft if projected to go somewhere between #25 and #40. I think there is a belief that the first 10 picks of the 2nd round have a good chance to make the team.

Inglis and O'Bryant were also picked in that range....2 years and counting for those 2. There is nice value early 2nd round, lots of options pop up, trade, sell, select, or select and stash the pick.

Kidd Karma
05-25-2016, 12:59 PM
The Timberwolves have a real chance to take a big step if the make the right pick.
Towns and Wiggins are nice pieces to build around.

I think Henry slips down a bit, but I still don't see the Bucks taking him.

Agreed Minny has a nice roster of solid pieces in addition to Towns and Wiggins, all depends on how Thibodeau views them. I mean is Rubio a TT style PG? Do they continue with the experiment to move Lavine to the PG and ship Rubio out?

IWB
05-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Good question Kidd, my guess is they move Rubio out.

mufansince72
05-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Inglis and O'Bryant were also picked in that range....2 years and counting for those 2. There is nice value early 2nd round, lots of options pop up, trade, sell, select, or select and stash the pick.

I think the Bucks use at least one second, if not both, on young international players that they can just let develop and maintain their rights.