PDA

View Full Version : Fewer Suites - More Club Seats In New Arena

TedBaxter
05-16-2016, 12:47 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2016/05/13/miller-park-has-too-many-suites-bucks-suites-are.html?ana=twt

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Probably a good call, I can't recall how many games I have gone to and there are completely empty suites.

Goose85
05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Probably a good call, I can't recall how many games I have gone to and there are completely empty suites.

Many suite holders don't care about MU, and have them for the Bucks and other events. Hopefully this helps avoid the dark suites at MU games.

MU/Panther
05-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Going by it, many people don't care about Brewer games, since the Brewers cut down on how many they had.

What suite holders are going to MU vs Maine. Don't know if they were used much during Admirals game as well. It just a different era and we are less in the suite era than in the early 90's.

Goose85
05-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Going by it, many people don't care about Brewer games, since the Brewers cut down on how many they had.

What suite holders are going to MU vs Maine. Don't know if they were used much during Admirals game as well. It just a different era and we are less in the suite era than in the early 90's.

Brewers and the Bradley Center (or new arena) are different deals. Lease a suite at Miller Park and you know you are doing so for the Brewers, and will buy the tickets for the Brewer games.

Lease a suite at the Bradley Center, and if you don't want to buy tickets to MU, Admirals, Globe Trotters, concerts, whatever comes to the BC, and just buy Bucks tickets you can, but then the suite is not used for the other events.

MU/Panther
05-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Brewers and the Bradley Center (or new arena) are different deals. Lease a suite at Miller Park and you know you are doing so for the Brewers, and will buy the tickets for the Brewer games.

My point is, as you said the Brewers suites are just for the Brewers and they got rid of some of those suites, since there was too many for the Brewers to sell now compared to 2001. The Bucks owners do not want to waste all this room by building too many suites. It's not a 2016 thing in volume as in years past.

Goose85
05-17-2016, 08:39 AM
My point is, as you said the Brewers suites are just for the Brewers and they got rid of some of those suites, since there was too many for the Brewers to sell now compared to 2001. The Bucks owners do not want to waste all this room by building too many suites. It's not a 2016 thing in volume as in years past.

I like the idea of more open areas in the arena. Less suites is good I think. I know what club seats are at Miller Park, but what will the club seats likely be at the new Bucks arena?

Different dynamic in the NFL as the teams get to keep revenue from suites so more might be better, while all other ticket revenue is shared with the visiting team.

TheSultan
05-17-2016, 09:09 AM
My thinking is that the ROI on suite rental isn't what it used to be 20-30 years ago. The fact is that if a company has a suite at the BC, and it is dark on any given game day, it is a waste of a resource. The larger firms still probably will buy them. Everyone else is probably good with a set of club seats instead.

Goose85
05-17-2016, 09:12 AM
I know club seats at Miller Park come with a wait staff, etc. What are the perks of the club seats at the new arena expected to be?

GOMU1104
05-17-2016, 10:37 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2016/05/13/miller-park-has-too-many-suites-bucks-suites-are.html?ana=twt

This is becoming very common, especially in baseball. Take 3 adjoining suites, knock down some walls and make it into a club.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-17-2016, 10:52 AM
The way business is being done these days is changing, entertainment budgets are being cut at a lot of companies because they are finding that the ROI on something like this just isn't there or isn't good enough to make it worth it. Our company looked closely at a lot of our entertainment expenses and found we really weren't getting a ton out of them and they were more often than not just used as a perk for employees more so than attracting new business.

Djgoldnboy
05-17-2016, 03:24 PM
I like the idea of more open areas in the arena. Less suites is good I think. I know what club seats are at Miller Park, but what will the club seats likely be at the new Bucks arena?

Different dynamic in the NFL as the teams get to keep revenue from suites so more might be better, while all other ticket revenue is shared with the visiting team.

Agreed, have watched a few MU games from the ATI Club at the BC, from my perspective, that's hard to beat. Open, sit/stand where ever you want, bar/food, etc....I like that experience.

IWB
05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Never been in the club seats for an MU game, just media seats. Media seats used to be on the floor, which was awesome, not only to see a game, but to report here. Anytime there was a questionable call, an injury etc., the questions would come and we were always in a good spot to provide answers. Now that media is moved up stairs we are no where near as close, so we don't get the scoop like we used to. The one funny change with that is the pro scouts. Pro scouts were always on press row and often you would talk to a few to get thoughts on this guy or that guy. Now that the seats are upstairs, it isn't the same. You often see pro scouts walking up the stairs, see where the media seats are and duck into an empty seat 1/2 way up. Not all of them, but several.